1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Future of XDA is Xenforo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Jul 7, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Cal and Darkimmortal like this.
  2. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

TheVisitors and 8thos like this.
  3. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

If vB can handle it, XF can handle it (better).

0xym0r0n and Sylar like this.
  4. OSS 117

OSS 117 Well-Known Member

They've already upgraded to vB4. Does anyone know what software they may have used to make their promo video?

5. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

Actually they're running vB 3.8.7. Check the source if you don't believe it.

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It looks so good too. I doubt they would make the change but it was worth a shot. I like the board it's just that I miss xenforo's alert system. It makes a forum seem more alive.

Sador likes this.
  7. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

If they were smart, they would follow a lot of other big boards to Xenforo for the exact reason it is much easier on DB queries than IPB or VB4.x. Big boards are about cost... and cost dictates you take the better technology that will provide a significant reduction to your overheads. Couple this with the only forum software presently boxed with the latest in HTML and social networking features, and you have a lower cost, addictive resource, that has proven to enhance user posting statistics.

FredC, Lucas, dutchbb and 1 other person like this.
  8. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

Would also like to know this...

9. x3sphere

x3sphere Active Member

Wow, did they go live with this style recently? The site used to look a lot better before...

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

uh... wth is this?

*changes to old theme*

k better now.

11. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

Adobe after effects can do this. I know a motion graphics designer and she said that this can be done in AE.

12. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'm not to keen on the orange icons residing in the tcat areas and other areas throughout they look awfully beveled and taccy. They must have updated/added the new style in the last 24 hours since last time i logged in I was viewing the old style which imo looks better.

13. ragtek

ragtek Guest

yes, they changed it today http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/new-xda-2013-theme-live-for-all/

CRDeveloper likes this.
  14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

ugh i just realized they changed their noob vid. here's the old one by azrienoch

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Still tied up.