The Future of XDA is Xenforo

They've already upgraded to vB4. Does anyone know what software they may have used to make their promo video?

Actually they're running vB 3.8.7. Check the source if you don't believe it.
It looks so good too. I doubt they would make the change but it was worth a shot. I like the board it's just that I miss xenforo's alert system. It makes a forum seem more alive.

If they were smart, they would follow a lot of other big boards to Xenforo for the exact reason it is much easier on DB queries than IPB or VB4.x. Big boards are about cost... and cost dictates you take the better technology that will provide a significant reduction to your overheads. Couple this with the only forum software presently boxed with the latest in HTML and social networking features, and you have a lower cost, addictive resource, that has proven to enhance user posting statistics.

Wow, did they go live with this style recently? The site used to look a lot better before...

I'm not to keen on the orange icons residing in the tcat areas and other areas throughout they look awfully beveled and taccy. They must have updated/added the new style in the last 24 hours since last time i logged in I was viewing the old style which imo looks better.

ugh i just realized they changed their noob vid. here's the old one by azrienoch

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And they've migrated. The huge number of forum nodes is definitely a challenge for XenForo, and it looks like there is a pile of custom coding to drive some parts

Migration is not done yet, indexing everything isn't finished.
That takes a long time on XDA...
They should inform their users better, everyone is posting the same problems (pagination doesn't work).

They had a custom node essentially that caused some threads to not get migrated but almost done with that.

Mostly smooth though! Huge shoutout to Sam Jadali of Host Duplex, @Xon for his amazing support and work on search, and @Slavik for incremental importer product which is awesome and consultation! Im proud of our team as well but that shouldnt be much of a shock. XDA has a fantastic leadership team as well, was awesome to get to partner. I know they will be insanely happy and in good hands with XenForo.

Top Bottom