XF 2.2 the forum stopped working

i was adding certain addons and it told me that it had a problem then I clicked on the deleting files option the forum stopped working

Solution
i deactivated the addon from there and deleted the files still the same problem
so i deleted the whole addon from there then deleted the files and also still the same

though the addon does not exist, the files insist on remaining there and I can't delete them to keep the site working

Have you checked the database table for it? Because if it's seeking the addon files, it's not deactivated properly.

Again, I ran into this before too, and I fixed it by finding the addon on xf_addon, and changing the 'active' field from 1 to 0, I did this with all the addon files in tact.

Once I did all that, and I logged back into the Admin panel, it had to complete some rebuilds, so I finished that, then I could see the addon on the top...
I've had this problem before with buggy/bad addons.

What you need to do is go into the Database, table: xf_addon

Find the addon there, change '1' to '0' for the 'active' field.

You may need to put the files back first.

so i deleted the whole addon from there then deleted the files and also still the same

though the addon does not exist, the files insist on remaining there and I can't delete them to keep the site working

Have you checked the database table for it? Because if it's seeking the addon files, it's not deactivated properly.

Again, I ran into this before too, and I fixed it by finding the addon on xf_addon, and changing the 'active' field from 1 to 0, I did this with all the addon files in tact.

Once I did all that, and I logged back into the Admin panel, it had to complete some rebuilds, so I finished that, then I could see the addon on the top, meaning it wasn't installed.

At this point, I deleted the files and everything was working correctly.

So please check your xf_addon table.

Solution
yes i did the same thing u mentioned
i deactivated the addons from xf_addon and put'em all '0'
then tried to delete the files and it didn't work
so i deleted the addon from xf_addon table and still the same problem and it still in the AP of forum idk why

yes i did the same thing u mentioned
i deactivated the addons from xf_addon and put'em all '0'
then tried to delete the files and it didn't work
so i deleted the addon from xf_addon table and still the same problem and it still in the AP of forum idk why

I wouldn't have advised deleting it from xf_addon, just try flipping it from 1 to 0.

That probably won't do anything as active addons are cached in the data registry.

The actual issue is that there's class extensions that are still active but the files are missing. Put the files back and they'll work, then install the addon again, and then uninstall it and then make sure it completes. It looks like files were deleted before the addon was actually fully uninstalled.

The actual issue is that there's class extensions that are still active but the files are missing. Put the files back and they'll work, then install the addon again, and then uninstall it and then make sure it completes. It looks like files were deleted before the addon was actually fully uninstalled.
I've done this but as I said before the addon couldn't install from the beginning. it said there was a problem and it couldn't be installed so I deleted it Then the problem appeared

You’ll need to identify what that problem was then because it had partly installed, as the class extensions are imported, so you’ll either need to find out what went wrong and fully install it or you’d need to manually clear up the database.

You’ll need to identify what that problem was then because it had partly installed, as the class extensions are imported, so you’ll either need to find out what went wrong and fully install it or you’d need to manually clear up the database.
it gives me this message when i try to install the addon
Callback xenarabia\AddUserTitle\XF\Entity\EventListener::getUserTitles is invalid (error_invalid_method).

Top Bottom