The File Too large for the server

faeronsayn

The following error occurred

The uploaded file is too large for the server to process.

208729_1947304763625_6915756_n.jpg

I've randomly just started getting this error when uploading basically any file, even images that are 50kb in size. I turned out debug mode but the error stays the same without giving much more information. I've re-checked my php.ini file and made sure all of the memory_size and max_file_upload were more than their default values. I also restarted apache to make sure those values were applied.

Could it have something to do where the files are actually being stored in? I have two HD on my server and my website and all it's file is on another HD while my database is on the SSD. However, I don't think that should really matter.

That particular error probably means you hit a server limit. Here are some server settings that may be limiting:

PHP:
max_execution_time
memory_limit
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

MySQL:
max_allowed_packet
max_packet_size
wait_timeout

Or more generally, that error means the temp file from the upload doesn't exist. So it's a server something or other. Could also be a lack of write permissions in /tmp, though I would expect a permission error if that were the case.

That particular error probably means you hit a server limit. Here are some server settings that may be limiting:

PHP:
max_execution_time
memory_limit
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

MySQL:
max_allowed_packet
max_packet_size
wait_timeout

Or more generally, that error means the temp file from the upload doesn't exist. So it's a server something or other. Could also be a lack of write permissions in /tmp, though I would expect a permission error if that were the case.

It was the tmp directory which seemed to have been filled. Deleting some content in it basically solved the problem.

Top Bottom