The File Too large for the server

faeronsayn

The following error occurred

The uploaded file is too large for the server to process.

208729_1947304763625_6915756_n.jpg

I've randomly just started getting this error when uploading basically any file, even images that are 50kb in size. I turned out debug mode but the error stays the same without giving much more information. I've re-checked my php.ini file and made sure all of the memory_size and max_file_upload were more than their default values. I also restarted apache to make sure those values were applied.

Could it have something to do where the files are actually being stored in? I have two HD on my server and my website and all it's file is on another HD while my database is on the SSD. However, I don't think that should really matter.

EQnoble

could you pm me your full php.ini config and just scrub out any sensitive information....it may help me help you.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That particular error probably means you hit a server limit. Here are some server settings that may be limiting:

PHP:
max_execution_time
memory_limit
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

MySQL:
max_allowed_packet
max_packet_size
wait_timeout

Or more generally, that error means the temp file from the upload doesn't exist. So it's a server something or other. Could also be a lack of write permissions in /tmp, though I would expect a permission error if that were the case.

faeronsayn

That particular error probably means you hit a server limit. Here are some server settings that may be limiting:

PHP:
max_execution_time
memory_limit
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

MySQL:
max_allowed_packet
max_packet_size
wait_timeout

Or more generally, that error means the temp file from the upload doesn't exist. So it's a server something or other. Could also be a lack of write permissions in /tmp, though I would expect a permission error if that were the case.
It was the tmp directory which seemed to have been filled. Deleting some content in it basically solved the problem.