The fancy java stuff has stopped working

Brandon Sheley

I have two forums setup pretty much the same
For some reason when I stopped by today I see the alert drop downs and all the java stuff isn't working on my gen forum
http://general-forums.com/forum/
I've removed some of the old mods that weren't active but it's still active up
I also remove vboptimize, thinking that may cause it.. but like I said.. My other forum is running as it should and they both have similar mods.

Any ideas here?

Thanks
-Brandon

Everything seems to be working for me in Chrome, but not in Firefox.

Looks like it's the same Firefox 9 bug which has been affecting other styles.

Everything seems to be working for me in Chrome, but not in Firefox.

Looks like it's the same Firefox 9 bug which has been affecting other styles.
weird, both it and my admin site are running the same version
the admin site works fine for me and yes, I forgot to mention, I'm using FF 10

btw.. I tried the default style (you can select it in the footer) and I had the same results

If it works in other browsers, its a browser issue.

Firefox has been unstable since they adopted this latest dev cycle, and FF9 has been one of their buggiest releases to date.
It doesn't work for me in Chrome, FF or IE..
a quick way to test would be to click the login/register box
if it takes you to this page
http://general-forums.com/login/
rather then the dropdown login thing, it isn't working.

I don't believe it's a browser issue
also my other forum which is setup very close to my gen forums, works fine in all browsers. (Admin Talk)

Please don't just assume it's a browser issue

thx

I'll re-upload the default files tonight, when I did a file heath check, several .js files came up like these.

1. js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/link.js File does not contain expected contents.
  2. js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/media.js File does not contain expected contents.
  3. js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/color_picker.js File does not contain expected contents.
  4. js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/image.js File does not contain expected contents.
  5. js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/code.js File does not contain expected contents.
  6. js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/editor_template.js
Which should be default right?

I'm going to give it a try, hopefully it works.
It was running fine the other day, not sure why it would just mess up today for no reason.

Could this problem have started a long time ago ?
ie when moving to 1.1.1 ?
Nope it was in fact working fine monday so IDK, maybe an exploit or someone got on my server.
I'm going to review the logs tonight and update my passwords.
I'm just glad it was an easy fix (so far) :)

*Edit* I see several other things are somewhat broken as well, I'm guessing more .js files are jacked up. Could a sever change cause issues to .js files?

It's really weird that my other forum is running fine, both are on the same server.

Top Bottom