1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "dot"

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Garamond, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

This is indeed trivial, but I just wanted to know what the single dot does beneath the Recommend-button? It results in a larger space than normal between Recommend and Google +1.

OK, I'm a freak of details ;) but this one annoys me a bit... hehe

dot.jpg

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Which browser are you using?

I don't see it on Chrome, FF or IE.

3. Garamond

Safari 5.1 on Mac

4. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

No sign of it here...

Screen shot 2011-07-12 at 12.13.51.png

5. Garamond

Very strange. It's visible in both my two own forums and here at xenforo.com. But when logging in with Firefox it's gone.

6. James

James Well-Known Member

Inspect the element, does it actually appear in the source code? Can you trace it back to anywhere?

7. Garamond

I had no luck tracing it within the source code. Could it be some css-anomaly of some sort?

8. Brogan

The only time I've seen something like that before is related to images linked to a URL.

9. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Can you highlight it with your mouse? If so, try using FireBug or Chrome to inspect the element. That might at least give you an idea where it is. (if it appears in any of those browsers for you)

10. Garamond

When inspecting it with Firebug, it highlights the button including the space and the dot.

firebug.png

11. Brogan

It's part of the Facebook iframe then, so not much can be done about it.