• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

The Big Challenge for Xenforo - Skin Design

I have brought the license a number of months ago and I have worked and wonder on the best way to convert from IPB to Xenforo. We tried the idea a whiole ago and the members didn't like the lack of features and some parts that weren't there.

However I believe the biggest issue is the skin design. We have had plenty of discussion about reinventing forum board software but not about skin design. IPB skin designs are plain and business like, vbulletin are good but not eye catching. For Xenforo, it's at a crossroad, some are looking good, but like others most designers change the logo, some colors and believe the job is done.

So I'm setting up a challenge to see if people can help a non-profit forum create a skin design. However this challenge is harder then most because of the type of colors you need to use. That is because it is a football club.

Maroon, Blue and Gold.

Club Web Site: www.lions.com.au

Our Forum Board: www.brisbanelionsunited.com

You can tell with our board we use the default theme and that we seriously need to make a eye catching design. The members love the club but are fussy on designs. They will rip into any designs that haven't had any thought into it.

If you like any more information, just reply to the thread!

The design looks very nice, however the colors are all wrong. They are the colors of a rival club which would get me killed!

Maybe some extra features to the theme would be nice. Something that stands out from the crowd.

You may have a bit of a rough time getting a truly customized, knock out style on a very low budget.

And that is where the challenge is. If you have a site like mine, you are likely have to use a skin that will look much like the others. That's the same with all forum software.

Are there good skins that can easily change the colors or ones that have a maroon, gold and blue design to it?

And that is where the challenge is. If you have a site like mine, you are likely have to use a skin that will look much like the others. That's the same with all forum software.

Are there good skins that can easily change the colors or ones that have a maroon, gold and blue design to it?

Have you tried playing with the color palette built in?

I've made a style called Simply blue, it's running as a demo on http://bipolar-forums.com - it's a good starting point.

Not sure what you are after here... an IPB skin or a Xenforo skin, you say in the first post that your members didn't like the lack of features on Xenforo.. and your board is an IPB.. so I am confused as to what you want.

It might also help if you give some links to skins (IPB or whatever) that you DO like, give potential designers some idea of what you are after.

Top Bottom