Cannot reproduce The active user has changed error

It generally indicates you’re logged in or out on one tab and then either logged in as a different user or logged out or in on another.

If you can provide context as to what you were doing it will help, otherwise it’s likely just doing what it was designed to do.

It generally indicates you’re logged in or out on one tab and then either logged in as a different user or logged out or in on another.

If you can provide context as to what you were doing it will help, otherwise it’s likely just doing what it was designed to do.
I only had one tab of xenforo.com open at that time and so I wasn't logged in/out.

I wasn't doing anything really on the forum

I have a member on Firefox reporting the same issue. The bug report is closed as "cannot reproduce" but it is still an issue for some people.

The fact that it's not everyone who uses Firefox makes me think maybe an extension is messing with the Javascript. Do you guys have a list of extensions installed? Maybe we can find a common denominator.

We hadn't had any reports about this for a fairly long time so I was beginning to think it was something that Mozilla had fixed in a recent update.

If you can confirm the specific Firefox versions involved, that will help us confirm if it's still an active issue.

We hadn't had any reports about this for a fairly long time so I was beginning to think it was something that Mozilla had fixed in a recent update.

If you can confirm the specific Firefox versions involved, that will help us confirm if it's still an active issue.

I am getting it now on chromium Version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 18.3 (64-bit)

That would be pretty much expected then. The message is telling you that you are no longer logged in as the person you were when the page was loaded, and thus you should refresh to see the changes.

If that changes the user -- either to a guest or someone else -- then the behavior is totally expected. If it doesn't, then their may be a bug of some sort, though we'd really need to be able to reproduce it to do some analysis of things like headers to see if something isn't being submitted as expected. (Which would be a pretty big breaking change from a browser, TBH.) Otherwise, it may be indicative of some sort of server-side issue, perhaps where a cached result is being returned unexpectedly. (Certainly something we have seen before in other situations.)

I tracked down MY issue.

When the board is in "maintenance mode" and the admin tries to log out, I get the error. When the board is enabled, the error message goes away and I can log out as intended.

That would be pretty much expected then. The message is telling you that you are no longer logged in as the person you were when the page was loaded, and thus you should refresh to see the changes.

If that changes the user -- either to a guest or someone else -- then the behavior is totally expected. If it doesn't, then their may be a bug of some sort, though we'd really need to be able to reproduce it to do some analysis of things like headers to see if something isn't being submitted as expected. (Which would be a pretty big breaking change from a browser, TBH.) Otherwise, it may be indicative of some sort of server-side issue, perhaps where a cached result is being returned unexpectedly. (Certainly something we have seen before in other situations.)

Read above.. The issue went away after.

@arn, for what it's worth, I think the issue you're seeing relates to caching outside of XF. When I log out, I'm being served the forum index page with a 304 response, which isn't something XF generates. I have to hard refresh to get a non cached page. Headers seem to potentially indicate the cache is coming from CloudFlare.

@arn, for what it's worth, I think the issue you're seeing relates to caching outside of XF. When I log out, I'm being served the forum index page with a 304 response, which isn't something XF generates. I have to hard refresh to get a non cached page. Headers seem to potentially indicate the cache is coming from CloudFlare.

that makes sense. Thanks for looking into, I’ll see what I can do on cloudflare side

Top Bottom