1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That was too easy!! Should I be worried.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Amphicar770, May 6, 2011.

1. Amphicar770

Amphicar770 Active Member

Last night after my VB 3.x site started acting up I did a cutover to xenForo, including migration of my data. Originally I was going to wait for some additional features to be released but am glad I gave up the wait.

This was the easiest install I have ever come across. I did not have to modify files, I did not even have to do a chmod. Is it really that simple? Should I be doing some post cleanup, deleting the install directory or something.

EQnoble, Kim and bogus like this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Nope.

It really is that simple.

If Suexec is installed, it will not be necessary to chmod any directories

3. Amphicar770

Suexec?

4. Brogan

5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

LOL it really is that easy. Welcome to the world of XenForo. :D

6. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Congrats on switching over! :)

I'm still getting add-ons created and hoping to get a few more features that I need and then I'll be starting to move over my sites from vB :D

Peggy likes this.
  7. sadiq6210

sadiq6210 Active Member

Me too, but we are waiting RTL support.

8. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Nasr likes this.
  9. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

10. Brogan

Well I doubt you would get a feature as big as that in a third point (maintenance) release.

11. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

I was merely hoping. :( Logically, what you said is true.

12. xmlxp

xmlxp Active Member

I expect to see 1.1 on july , currently xenforo is 99% stable and there is not much to do to hit the 100%

13. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

I can not wait to see 1.1 and all the nice features the K&M have been cooking up :).

14. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I think they said there will be a few more maintenance releases, but in another post I think Kier said he wanted to release before Halloween.

I'll do a search in a few and find the necessary threads.

15. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

16. Amphicar770

I too was planning to wait for 1.1 in hopes of features like option to include message content in new posting alert emails.

Last week my VB 3.x site started dupicating posts. After spending a day trying to figure out what was going on I gave up and switched over. As my original post stated, migration was easier than most VB upgrades.

Overall the feedback has been very positive. People like the look and feel of the new system. The biggest gripe I have had is the loss of the email integration add-on which allowed people to receive and post messages via email similar to how Yahoogroups works. Hopefully a similar mod will show up for Xenfor one day. I also lost my photo gallery, again something I hope to restore eventually.

I am very glad I made the switch. Better user experience, better admin experience. As the product evolves and more developers start releasing mods, it can only get better.

Mike
    www.amphicar770.com

Shelley likes this.