Thank You XF

Matthew Hutchinson

Four years ago, I started a 3D art board where digital artists share and discuss their work. I'm shutting it down when my domain expires on the 27th because I can no longer handle the stress of being a forum admin and I'm too much of a control freak to recruit any mods. I announced my decision on my board last October to give my users enough time to adjust and save any work they want to keep.

I'm posting this to say thank you for the best forum software I have had the distinct pleasure of using. I started with phpBB and upgraded to XF the same month we launched after realizing phpBB wasn't a good fit. My research into alternative solutions led me to conclude I needed premium software. Thanks to XF's online demo and highly active community, I found what quickly proved the ideal fit.

I'm a creator at heart and eager to focus squarely on my own passion for 3D art while learning how to be a freelance content creator.

Best Wishes,

Matthew

We had extensive discussions about those two questions on my board and my answer to both remains a firm no.

Thankfully for any of our interested members, one of our most talented and well-respected artists recently launched their own board to succeed mine. Described by them as the "light" version of my board, it's not as feature-rich as XF - they're using a third-party service called Nabble - but what the've been able to do with the available tools is remarkable. Everyone who's joined is settling in rather nicely, including me.

Top Bottom