[TH] User Improvements [Deleted]

I'm currently seeing this error. Any solution?
  • ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'change_date' of non-object (src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Account.php:84)
Great addon overall.

@katsulynx FYI - apparently uninstall misses DB entries:

That would be because uninstalling KL's addon doesn't remove the database entries for it. It's an oversight on his part.

This addon is conflicting with XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration. Which is fine on its face, so tried to uninstall and it is still causing problems. I understand this add-on is free and but having a proper uninstall would be appreciated.

Thanks, appreciated. There is also DB entries that do not get removed on uninstall - which really is the big problem - in my case the entry called "discord". We had to delete this entry manually because it was not removed from the DB on uninstall. This kind of things should not really ever happen.

Here was the eventual conclusion in the other thread:

You hit the nail on the head - we shouldn't have to fumble through and possibly break things.

I don't make add-ons for Xenforo or do any DB stuff (obviously) but if I did it would seem like a programming 101 practice to name my DB entries with something that would not possibly conflict with others. So as an example: @Jaxel would name his DB entry discord_8WR while @katsulynx could name his discord_KL so at a bare minimum these kinds of things could not happen.

Last edited:
@katsulynx FYI - apparently uninstall misses DB entries:

Thanks for notifying me of this issue. The general code is there, but it might not be working as expected. I'll prioritize this issue and come up with a fix as soon as I can find the time. If you need any help on getting rid of these entries until then, drop me a conversation message and I will assist you.

I've fixed both, the undefined index and the non-working change date for the nexf version. Before I'll publish it, I'll need to look into the above reported matter first though, and might also include a compatibility patch for Jaxels add-on, which puts me into a really bad mood though, cause I'm not really unterstanding why I have to sort things out for someone who charges money for his work. Either way, I'll see what I can do.

I've fixed both, the undefined index and the non-working change date for the nexf version. Before I'll publish it, I'll need to look into the above reported matter first though, and might also include a compatibility patch for Jaxels add-on, which puts me into a really bad mood though, cause I'm not really unterstanding why I have to sort things out for someone who charges money for his work. Either way, I'll see what I can do.
You’ll be the better person.

Well if you change this and start charging for the add-on I would pay happily for it. You have the most popular XF2 add-on here, I see this more of an opportunity - it would make sense that some people would be interested in paying for it.

Am I missing something on the discord Auth? I gave it my client id and key, pointed discord to redirect to https://domain.com/connected_account.php but i get this error when using it.

1kWt6p3.png

Am I missing something on the discord Auth? I gave it my client id and key, pointed discord to redirect to https://domain.com/connected_account.php but i get this error when using it.

1kWt6p3.png

had the exact same issue when i installed this addon when i had discord integration, try this https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf2-8wr-discord-integration-paid.140836/page-7 third post if you have discord integration if not try removing the connected_account.php but back it up first just in case and try again.

Last edited:
had the exact same issue when i installed this addon when i had discord integration, try this https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf2-8wr-discord-integration-paid.140836/page-7 third post if you have discord integration if not try removing the connected_account.php but back it up first just in case and try again.

I was going to try and do it myself but noticed it in this addon so I figure'd I would give it a shot. Worse case I will have to cave for this if both my first two options do not work out.

Give me a little credit, no i didn't use domain.com , just using that as the example. My forums are in my root html directory.

No disrespect intended. Troubleshooting is often about eliminating the obvious answers first. It's like being asked 'did you try turning it off and on again?,' or 'did you clear cache and cookies?' Because you posted a url instead of just saying 'connected_account.php' I could see it going either way.

No problem, I wasn't really bent. I've worked in the IT field for a while now and have heard it all lol.

Good news is , for some reason creating a new Application in Discord fixed it.

katsulynx updated [KL] User Improvements with a new update entry:

Changelog
Bugfixes & Changes
  • Fixed an undefined index error that would pop up if users would not have previously changed their names.
  • Resolved an issue that would leave some traces of this add-on in your connected account provider database table upon uninstallation.
  • Resolved a potential source of incompatibility with other add-ons that add connected account providers by prefixing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom