[TH] Trophies [Deleted]

Hi Waindigo.

can you help me out with an issue I cannot solve myself?

1. I have created some extra userfields containing social media profiles.
2. I have created the designated trophy categories
3. I have created trophies
4. But when a user has filled in his social media profiles.........he does not get the trophy.

where do i miss something...do i have to put in text in the field and what kind of text should this be?

digg.webp

Hi Waindigo. I've tried several options to get this working but somehow i miss something. you got any other clue or solution for me?

I would like to give a little longer review here for this wonderful add-on by @Waindigo, you can see our implementation here - http://orojackson.com/help/trophies

First off, this makes organizing trophies really easy. With the default xenForo system, organization was really really hard. We cannot organize trophies based on how they are awarded, but with this add-on we can create categories and add trophies to those categories, thus organizing them nicely for your members to view easily and not get confused. Adding trophy icons is another awesome feature that makes trophies even more awesome and personal to each board with enough customization. Great job @Waindigo (y) (y)

I'm sorry Waindigo......won't work. This is a major important section since we are an social media platform. any alternatives?

Hi Waindigo. I've tried several options to get this working but somehow i miss something. you got any other clue or solution for me?

im not happy...this is the most important segment on our forum. what do i need to do to get his fixed and what is the solution.
Just so we are clear, this has nothing to do with this add-on. The functionality is no different to how trophies work when this add-on is disabled.

You may just want to post a suggestion to the XenForo developers to have this functionality added (if it has not already been suggested). There are several options, including:
  • change the meaning of the criteria check so that a blank text field means "has been filled in" -- currently it just fails always (see code below)
  • add a user criteria to check whether a custom field has been completed
  • allow for wildcard character to be used in the custom field "contains:" text field
  • allow for complicated regular expressions in the custom field "contains:" text field
Alternatively, the following quick edit should make it work:

In library/XenForo/Helper/Criteria.php, replace line 63:
PHP:
if (isset($data['text']))
with:
PHP:
if (!empty($data['text']))

Just so we are clear, this has nothing to do with this add-on. The functionality is no different to how trophies work when this add-on is disabled.

You may just want to post a suggestion to the XenForo developers to have this functionality added (if it has not already been suggested). There are several options, including:
  • change the meaning of the criteria check so that a blank text field means "has been filled in" -- currently it just fails always (see code below)
  • add a user criteria to check whether a custom field has been completed
  • allow for wildcard character to be used in the custom field "contains:" text field
  • allow for complicated regular expressions in the custom field "contains:" text field
Alternatively, the following quick edit should make it work:

In library/XenForo/Helper/Criteria.php, replace line 63:
PHP:
if (isset($data['text']))
with:
PHP:
if (!empty($data['text']))

complicated but i will try your options. thanks Waindigo

complicated but i will try your options. thanks Waindigo
Any of the options can be added to the add-on I linked to above if you are able to fund one of those.

Editing the code directly will also work, but is not the best idea as you lose your edits whenever you upgrade to the next version of XenForo. You may be able to convince XenForo to make that change in the core code though.

Any of the options can be added to the add-on I linked to above if you are able to fund one of those.

Editing the code directly will also work, but is not the best idea as you lose your edits whenever you upgrade to the next version of XenForo. You may be able to convince XenForo to make that change in the core code though.

edited the code directly....working!!! I owe you one Waindigo ;-)

Top Bottom