[TH] Topics [Deleted]

Is this only for threads or it can support other content types like resources/media and other content types that follow standard xf code?

There is a bug.
In smartphone, "CONTINUE" button isn't appear when "POST THREAD..." → Select a topic.
even though selected main topic. (UI.X 2 + Topics 1.0.2)

Last edited:
Is this only for threads or it can support other content types like resources/media and other content types that follow standard xf code?
This is only for threads but we do plan on supporting other content types in the future.
There is a bug.
In smartphone, "CONTINUE" button isn't appear when "POST THREAD..." → Select a topic.
even though selected main topic. (UI.X 2 + Topics 1.0.2)
Not able to replicate this but what type of smartphone are you using?

Galaxy S9 and Google Chrome.
This bug happened sometimes.
Tbh, It is good if CONTINUE button should be appear constantly, as deactivated/activated. Not switching between disappear/appear.
For prevent unexpected problems via styles.

Breadcrumb is still appear on Post thread page.
So should need to add "Remove breadcrumb" options as "Style properties > [TH] Topics: Post thread" I think.
Can you add it?

Galaxy S9 and Google Chrome.
This bug happened sometimes.
Tbh, It is good if CONTINUE button should be appear constantly, as deactivated/activated. Not switching between disappear/appear.
For prevent unexpected problems via styles.
I'll continue testing this out before reporting it on our issue tracker.
Breadcrumb is still appear on Post thread page.
So should need to add "Remove breadcrumb" options as "Style properties > [TH] Topics: Post thread" I think.
Can you add it?
I'll add it as a feature suggestion within our issue tracker.

We made a video highlighting Topics! Take a look!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you have any plan give update for this server log? The /whats-new/posts/ page completely blank.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\FindNew\Thread::applyFilters() must be public (as in class ThemeHouse\Topics\XF\FindNew\Thread) src/addons/ThemeHouse/QAForums/XF/FindNew/Thread.php:0

Generated by: Unknown account Mar 23, 2019 at 3:54 PM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(22) "/whats-new/posts/1391/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

How do you replace the forum list with "All threads".
You'd be able to set a redirect within Basic Forum Information by editing Forums default page and set it to All Threads instead.

Can you pin threads for certain topics?
I've started a conversation with you to gain more information in what you are looking for when pinning threads. As you are able to pin threads normally even if they have topics assigned to them.

If this was automatic by keyword search/filter I would buy it in the future. It's kind of like a thread filtering add-on I've seen shown on xenforo.com except that one was automatic so it would be much more difficult to add the topic keywords in for older threads and though some users may take it up to do this on their own it is not guaranteed that they will.

It's a great idea and at first glance I was thinking about trying to get some money to buy it but I realized it wouldn't be easy as it's a manual process. If you added this feature it would not only compete with the thread filtering add-on but would be extremely useful.

You could even have a topic by keyword watch list segregated by node where it would scan for the keyword watch words and it would need some capability to be able to tell if the keyword was prominent enough in the thread to be labled a topic. However if it was, a topic label would be created for it.

Some ideas. I'm not exactly sure how difficult it would be to create the ability to read keywords to know how important they are within a given thread. May require some type of algorithm that could read importance in the first post. Possibly even using the title combined with the first post to get that read. I actually think that's a good idea. I believe this wouldn't be extremely difficult to do if you took that option using the first post combined with the title and keywords. Between both might take some effort but its definitely possible. Let me know if you like my idea. If not it's quite alright but just trying to shoot some ideas :D
This would actually be genius and totally a top notch thing to have! +1 for this if possible (y)
I will ask if we can get this as a setting. Would that help? Would it be a setting per user or global? I feel like some users might prefer it depending especially on your niche. You theoretically save clicks with some niche sites. I had guessed more than half when we discussed this internally.
If the setting is per user and visible toggle option where filter widgets are present, then it'd be great for it being user based! Along with, would too prefer if by default it did not save your preferences as it could get confusing for some in the starting stages.

Hi @ThemeHouse i got the following error message:
Code:
Server error log
Error: Call to a member function canView() on null src/addons/ThemeHouse/Topics/Entity/Topic.php:109
Generated by: McAtze Apr 27, 2019 at 22:01

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: ThemeHouse\Topics\Entity\Topic->canView()
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(985): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l4/s24/public/thtopics_topic_macros.php(22): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(ThemeHouse\Topics\Entity\Topic), 'canView', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\UserActivity\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l4/s24/public/thtopics_topic_list.php(50): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thtopics_topic_...', 'full', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\UserActivity\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thtopics_topic_...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('ThemeHouse\\Topi...', 'public:thtopics...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#12 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/topics/"
  ["referrer"] => string(48) "https://www.xentutorials.com/trending/threads.1/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Shouldn't there be a way to apply a specific Topic to more than one node at a time? Am I missing something? There has to be a way to do that, right? Someone please tell me what I'm overlooking. TIA

Shouldn't there be a way to apply a specific Topic to more than one node at a time? Am I missing something? There has to be a way to do that, right? Someone please tell me what I'm overlooking. TIA
You aren't missing anything. The answer is no, this isn't a feature that is supported on Topics.

Top Bottom