[TH] Social Permissions [Deleted]

I've created a social category "readers" and within readers a new social forum "fantasy fans" which is a moderated group. Not everyone should be able to join the group and post messages.

However, registered users have no button to join the group but can create new threads within fantasy fans anyway.

I tried to disable permissions on a category basis node-permissions -> readers -> registered users, but if I disable the permission to create new threads here registered users cannot add new threads even if they are accepted as group member.

How can I set permissions so that only accepted group users can create new threads. Any ideas, @Jon W
You probably don't need this add-on.

Check this guide:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/setting-up-your-first-social-category-guide.1876/

Thank you @Jon W for providing this link.

My problem is that I have two different kind of social forums in my social category "readers"
  1. moderated groups like "fantasy fans" (as mentioned above) where only group members should be able to create therads
  2. "normal" groups where every registered XF user should be able to create threads.
At the moment I'm not quite sure if this kind of permission setting is possible within a single social category. Is it?

Top Bottom