[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

I can't ad resources at the resource manager, when the social groups are installed.
Is it possible? Am I the only user that will use both?

@Waindigo

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'social_forum_id' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Nobita/ThreadResource/Transfer.php at line 115
Nobita_ThreadResource_Transfer->transferring() in Nobita/ThreadResource/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 28
Nobita_ThreadResource_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionTransferResource() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/virtual/www.xxxxxxxxx.xxx/htdocs/index.php at line 13
Try re-upgrading Social Groups using the latest XML file.

I'm considering installing this - but what would happen to social group content if we for some reason needed to uninstall this in the future? Our "club" threads reach 10,000 posts easily, it's a lot of content! Is there a way to "export" social group content into a traditional forum node?
It is possible to move threads, yes. You should be able to use the core Bulk Thread tool for this.

No issues with 1.4 as far as I am aware.
There is one issue with 1.4 that i already reported that or you guys missed.

If you need more details, i could reproduce this on a clean xenforo 1.4 test installation.
  1. Install Social Groups
  2. Setup first category and its permissions, on addon options toggle "Watch Social Forum on join" to Yes.
  3. Create 2 normal users to test it, make one of them create a normal social forum.
  4. Make the other user join that same social forum the first one just created, then post a new thread.
  5. See on the user that created the forum, user was not alerted (yet he's watching it)
  6. Now make the social forum creator to post a new thread, check on the second test user, so does that user is not alerted (yet again, user the watching the social forum).
This issue still happens with "Always Alert Users" option toggled on, it won't alert them.
Unless i'm missing something, the Watch Social Forum alerts are not working on XF 1.4. ;)

Last edited:
Is it possible to make certain threads private in a social group so that only the members of the social group can see it? If not, I would suggest that as a future feature! :)

I use your social group addon and I'm very happy with it. @Waindigo

However, now I realized a problem with default sort order.

When I edit the social category options and define a default sort order e.g. "last post descending" this setting is ignored in the social group.

Any ideas what I can do?

The default sort order refers to the sort order of threads inside the social forums contained within that social category, not the social forums themselves.

The default sort order refers to the sort order of threads inside the social forums contained within that social category, not the social forums themselves.
OK, @Waindigo . Thank you. Maybe there is another possibility to solve my problem.

I have a social category "authors". Within authors writers are allowed to create their own social forum. Now I have a structure like this:

authors (social category)
Andrew (social forum)
Berta (social forum)
Miller (social forum)
Valerie (social forum)

When a visitor views authors all social forums are sorted alphabetically by name (social forum names) as in the listung above.

I can change this sorting manually via "Social Forum Display Options" at the bottom of the forums listing.

Andrew just created the social forum 3 months ago but has never created any thread within his social forum.
Miller is the most active member. He creates 5 threads every day.

Can I define a default sort order for "authors", let's say by last post date, so that active social forums move to the top and empty social forums move to the bottom of the list?

How do you handle inactive social forums within your site? Do you move them to an archive folder manually or is there an automatic way to move/hide them?

I work a lot with this addon and my users love it.
Just a suggestion: it would be helpful if the "social forum display options" would be on top of the forums listing, not at the bottom. This would be easier for users especially in categories with a lot of forums.

Anyone have a good example of explanation of usage/functionality when introducing this into their community?
I'm finding it challenging to write a post to the userbase that would explain it's usage to them, without getting lots of follow-up questions.

Sorry for bumping my post, but I don't think you saw it @Waindigo

- Is it possible to make certain threads private in a social group so that only the members of the social group can see it? If not, I would suggest that as a future feature! :)

Sorry for bumping my post, but I don't think you saw it @Waindigo

- Is it possible to make certain threads private in a social group so that only the members of the social group can see it? If not, I would suggest that as a future feature! :)
Currently it is only possible to make all threads private in a social group, not individual threads. If you'd like to contribute to this, please drop me a PM.

Top Bottom