[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

When viewing a social category, the social forums are sorted by default in Title Ascending order. There is a "Social Forum Display Options" menu at the bottom of the list of social forums that allows them to be sorted in a chosen order, such as Last Post Descending.

Can we have an option per-social category that allows to set the default to something other than Title Ascending? Currently, the per-social category options allow to specify a default sort order for the threads within each social forum, not the social forums within the social category.

This would make browsing through the available social forums in a social category a lot easier, since the sort order could be specified as Last Post Descending, a much more natural ordering.

(For reference, I accidentally stumbled across the same code edit that @Dinosaur mentioned above, but I'm talking about making an option for this so there doesn't need to be a code edit.)

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to setup the Social Groups so that only the threads made within a category are shown when you click on that category? As it stands at the moment, no matter which Social Group I click on it will show all the threads from all the other social groups as well for some reason. Even if I click a social group that says "no messages" it will show all the other groups' threads.

Dehness, what you're describing doesn't sound like the default behavior. I think something is wrong with your settings. Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

I'm not sure. There are ways to do it safely, but they involve SQL in the database. How much content do you currently have inside the social groups?

I can't really help you then. But I can say that the behavior you are describing is definitely not how it's supposed to work, and there must be something corrupt about the installation, because there are no options to cause that behavior.

What does your node tree look like?

Hi..I just installed this add on. I made the social category but the "create social group" button doesn't show.

social.webp

Anything I've been missing?

@Waindigo there is certainly one issue with 1.4 (or maybe even older versions). On the profile "Social Forums" tab, you will see the social forums that do not exist anymore.
That is, social group you joined but were deleted.

I have around 3 deleted groups on my list, how to delete them?
I have rebuilt the cache of social forum information, they are still there.

Okay i managed to fix that problem re-installing. Now i'm running into some odd behavior with Watch Alerts.
The thing is, normal users are not getting alerts if watching a social forum, what may be wrong?

Because if i with admin account create a thread with them watching, they are alerted, if they create a thread, nobody is alerted but me.

Last edited:
Sorry for the multiple post, but there is another issue with Social Forums on 1.4,
There is supposed to be on settings the options for primary and secondary groups. After install i saw and chosen them fine, then the options disappear from Personal Details page, they just do!

The primary group i chosen is still displayed on my postbit, but it is not possible to edit or remove it since the options for it do not appear anymore.
I tried on new test users to also check but the options are really gone.

Far everything else seems fine except for this and to be not alerting users who join a social forum (option for watch on join is on) be alerted when new threads are created (the forum owner is alerted when someone asked to join if moderated still). Please have a look at this things. ;)

Sorry for the multiple post, but there is another issue with Social Forums on 1.4,
There is supposed to be on settings the options for primary and secondary groups. After install i saw and chosen them fine, then the options disappear from Personal Details page, they just do!

The primary group i chosen is still displayed on my postbit, but it is not possible to edit or remove it since the options for it do not appear anymore.
I tried on new test users to also check but the options are really gone.
I'm unable to replicate this issue. Are you able to replicate on a fresh install?

Okay i managed to fix that problem re-installing. Now i'm running into some odd behavior with Watch Alerts.
The thing is, normal users are not getting alerts if watching a social forum, what may be wrong?

Because if i with admin account create a thread with them watching, they are alerted, if they create a thread, nobody is alerted but me.
I can't replicate this issue either.

Waindigo updated Social Groups by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.4 released

New features:
  • Unsetting/revoking the 'View social forum' permission in a social category will now hide social forums from all users except those who are invited or are a members of a particular group.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixes bug that unable to edit/save template modifications due to rogue template modification included in previous version of this add-on. Oops!
  • Social forum descriptions on social category page and 'My Social Forums' lists now have BB code...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom