[TH] Reactions Plus [Deleted]

Is there any hope that the ability to click on an existing reaction in the like summary on a message will use that reaction for the post, instead of having to go into the reaction chooser? (For example, if someone has already liked the post, clicking on the icon for the reaction will react that way as well). It was a nice feature of the previous reactions plugin. Also, do you think you'll ever be able to implement multiple reactions to the same message? That is really missed, though I understand it's a limitation of Xenforo's reaction implementation.

@Jake B. I did the upgrade and it was smooth sailing. I currently have a license to this add-on for a year since you guys gave old reaction users a license. I have a quick question though. Is there a full feature list? I'd like to find out all the features. Also this is a good option for me to take to rebuild my content reaction cache. Because (it's not as important to me) reactions when using this method from Xon's addon, they say "1 person liked this post or 3 people liked this post" but only for old content types. Any new post will see the reaction accordingly and scores are present as well as different score and score types. So your rebuild tool on your add-on I can already now use. It's a great thing this worked out. I'm pretty much stoked.

Long story short, where's the full feature list? Not sure if you showed all the features on the advertisement.

Well @Jake B. just installed it and used your new cache rebuild tool. Worked like a charm and rebuilt the reaction content cache now showing correctly on old posts. Thank you. I am pleased right now regardless of if there are any more options. Seems to be mostly a criteria add-on so far though. I'm sure you plan on adding to it so I will definitely keep it installed. You were nice enough to offer it free anyway to older users.

Where are the features I'm missing? Although the emojii support is amazing. That's where it's at right there is emojiis. I have ideas now regarding this. Was wondering if you had a way to show counts on the user profile where anyone could see? That's the one feature I miss.

Me too. I've already mentioned it here, and I know they do plan on adding it back - I saw a notation on it on their github page. Hopefully it will be soon.

Thanks for the reply. That and there's only 1 more feature I want is to be able to click the like button to show reactions instead of hover. I'm still getting used to 2.1. Can you do this out of the box?

Is there any hope that the ability to click on an existing reaction in the like summary on a message will use that reaction for the post, instead of having to go into the reaction chooser? (For example, if someone has already liked the post, clicking on the icon for the reaction will react that way as well). It was a nice feature of the previous reactions plugin. Also, do you think you'll ever be able to implement multiple reactions to the same message? That is really missed, though I understand it's a limitation of Xenforo's reaction implementation.
This is a huge thing that we are missing as well. That would also mean we would need the list "unfurled" so to speak.

I gave up on trying to figure out the svg issue for now and replaced all my svg reactions with png ones, but there is definitely a bug with svg reactions and the like summary row.

@Jake B. I did the upgrade and it was smooth sailing. I currently have a license to this add-on for a year since you guys gave old reaction users a license. I have a quick question though. Is there a full feature list? I'd like to find out all the features. Also this is a good option for me to take to rebuild my content reaction cache. Because (it's not as important to me) reactions when using this method from Xon's addon, they say "1 person liked this post or 3 people liked this post" but only for old content types. Any new post will see the reaction accordingly and scores are present as well as different score and score types. So your rebuild tool on your add-on I can already now use. It's a great thing this worked out. I'm pretty much stoked.

Long story short, where's the full feature list? Not sure if you showed all the features on the advertisement.
Well @Jake B. just installed it and used your new cache rebuild tool. Worked like a charm and rebuilt the reaction content cache now showing correctly on old posts. Thank you. I am pleased right now regardless of if there are any more options. Seems to be mostly a criteria add-on so far though. I'm sure you plan on adding to it so I will definitely keep it installed. You were nice enough to offer it free anyway to older users.

Where are the features I'm missing? Although the emojii support is amazing. That's where it's at right there is emojiis. I have ideas now regarding this. Was wondering if you had a way to show counts on the user profile where anyone could see? That's the one feature I miss.
Hey guys, Jake is currently on holiday but I'll make sure he reviews these posts once he returns.
Me too. I've already mentioned it here, and I know they do plan on adding it back - I saw a notation on it on their github page. Hopefully it will be soon.
You can set the mode for Reactions Plus to "Advanced", but it'll look different then. However then you've got the handling you want.
This is a huge thing that we are missing as well. That would also mean we would need the list "unfurled" so to speak.
I'll take this suggestion and add it to our issue tracker.
I gave up on trying to figure out the svg issue for now and replaced all my svg reactions with png ones, but there is definitely a bug with svg reactions and the like summary row.
Go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal so that one of our staff members can take a closer look.

Hey guys, Jake is currently on holiday but I'll make sure he reviews these posts once he returns.

I'll take this suggestion and add it to our issue tracker.

Go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal so that one of our staff members can take a closer look.

Thank you. You guys are so professional. I love how you all treat your customers politely in such a way. I realize the majority of users get their 1st year free but as far as the profile reaction option it's a really good idea since it was already implemented in the other reaction add-on.

There are a couple other suggestions. A more attractive front-end reaction area (similar to the original [th] reactions). I loved how the front-end of [th] reactions looked where you also had the option to click the reaction area to see the reactions. I personally don't like that users have to hover, plus on mobile that makes it impossible without being able to click first.

Other then those 2 suggestions, one of which @imno007 had suggestion I think the add-on is great. Lastly I have one suggestion that's less important to me but still one I wanted to share which is the ability to see the given amount of reactions. The first 2 suggestions I am very much hoping for more than any I've shared but this last one is an idea and maybe could be configurable in options.

Anyways @Dalton Prock thank you

There should be a universal way to set the display options. Having to go through to fix every single emote after import has been a royal PITA. Only to discover that they're still broken and have to be redone as the Sprite Mode anyway. Otherwise it looks all wonky.

Setting them to 30x30 or 32x32 without Sprite mode looks like this:
Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 10.31.13 AM.webp

After enabling Sprite Mode and setting it to 30x30 and 100% background it looks like this:
Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 10.31.46 AM.webp

Which is great. But, having to go through a list of 30 of them sucked so bad.

Adding navigation between the different icons would have been helpful as well.

Last edited:
There should be a universal way to set the display options. Having to go through to fix every single emote after import has been a royal PITA. Only to discover that they're still broken and have to be redone as the Sprite Mode anyway. Otherwise it looks all wonky.

Setting them to 30x30 or 32x32 without Sprite mode looks like this:
View attachment 199604

After enabling Sprite Mode and setting it to 30x30 and 100% background it looks like this:
View attachment 199605

Which is great. But, having to go through a list of 30 of them sucked so bad.

Adding navigation between the different icons would have been helpful as well.
I've gone ahead and added this as an enhancement suggestion on our issue tracker here.

Can this be used to rate posts? give credits to posts manually by admin or moderator according to its quality. and how much each post get credited should appear in the post to encourage quality engagement by users can this be done with this addon? thanks

Do you plan to return important functions?

View attachment 199622 View attachment 199624

I suppose the "Like Wrapper" functionality is not required anymore with XF2.1?

No, "Like wrapper" isn't required as likes aren't a thing anymore, "like" is just a reaction.

Unfortuantely there isn't really an easy way we've found yet to swap out the default reaction, it seems that there are quite a few things expecting it and we're wanting to do quite a bit more research on it once more add-ons come out that implement reactions on their content so we can make sure adding the ability to change this doesn't break anything.

Can this be used to rate posts?

This extends the default reaction system in XenForo and gives extra functionality (most of which is outlined in the resource description)

give credits to posts manually by admin or moderator according to its quality. and how much each post get credited should appear in the post to encourage quality engagement by users can this be done with this addon?

This isn't really a "credit" system, instead each user has a "reaction score" that can be increased or decreased based on the reactions on their content. You can set values (positive, negative or neutral) to weight certain reactions differently and this add-on includes some auto moderation tools to automatically hide/report/delete posts that fall below a certain threshold

Top Bottom