[TH] Reactions Plus [Deleted]

Is there a way to view the Reaction Plus Reactions by category as shown in the image?
I know this may be a special wish.
I've been trying to do this for a few hours now and can't find a solution.
If you don't want to embed this, maybe you can help me?

Is there an importer to this from Xon's content ratings? I'm wondering because it's been over a month and a half and Xon has still not released an update. I need to upgrade to 2.1 and have no way to do so.

Has anybody had their reactions revert back to the stock reactions since upgrading to XF 2.1.1? For whatever reason all of my reactions have reverted back to default and when switching back to FontAwesome icons, they're not working. Has anyone else experienced this? It is possible I've gone a bit bonkers and accidentally changed something somewhere, but I don't recall doing so.

Is there a way to view the Reaction Plus Reactions by category as shown in the image?
I know this may be a special wish.
I've been trying to do this for a few hours now and can't find a solution.
If you don't want to embed this, maybe you can help me?

View attachment 197716

That's not something that will be easily doable with a template edit as we don't actually touch this page at all and the category data isn't exposed here, unfortunately

Is there an importer to this from Xon's content ratings? I'm wondering because it's been over a month and a half and Xon has still not released an update. I need to upgrade to 2.1 and have no way to do so.

Not currently, no, but there have been a few people ask so it's something we may consider :)

Has anybody had their reactions revert back to the stock reactions since upgrading to XF 2.1.1? For whatever reason all of my reactions have reverted back to default and when switching back to FontAwesome icons, they're not working. Has anyone else experienced this? It is possible I've gone a bit bonkers and accidentally changed something somewhere, but I don't recall doing so.

Could you create a ticket so we can have a look? Haven't had this reported, but also haven't had a chance to test it on 2.1.1 - so it's entirely possible something has changed that broke the add-on

Could you create a ticket so we can have a look? Haven't had this reported, but also haven't had a chance to test it on 2.1.1 - so it's entirely possible something has changed that broke the add-on

Most certainly! Submitted a ticket with an image of what I'm getting.

@Jake B. @ThemeHouse
Some weirdness after upgrading to XF 2.1.1. My reactions appeared huge again, even though the width was set to 32. Editing a single (just one) reaction by setting a max height of 32 then made all the reactions appear normal - until it didn't: the next day (today) they were all big again. So I set a max height of 32 on all reactions to see what that would do, but then noticed it caused a problem with how reactions appear on lists. Now I have the max width set to 0 and the max height at 32 and everything appears as it should everywhere, but just hoping it will stay that way. :)

@Jake B. @ThemeHouse
Some weirdness after upgrading to XF 2.1.1. My reactions appeared huge again, even though the width was set to 32. Editing a single (just one) reaction by setting a max height of 32 then made all the reactions appear normal - until it didn't: the next day (today) they were all big again. So I set a max height of 32 on all reactions to see what that would do, but then noticed it caused a problem with how reactions appear on lists. Now I have the max width set to 0 and the max height at 32 and everything appears as it should everywhere, but just hoping it will stay that way. :)
Make you sure you set the background size to 100%

@Jake B. @ThemeHouse

It sounds like there is some action triggering a rebuild of the reactions without our class extension running on it. I'll see if I can replicate it. Was there any action performed that triggered this to happen? Upgrading XenForo, installing an add-on, etc?

It was right after upgrading to XF 2.1.1. I did reinstall all my styles last night because of some manual rebuild job I was getting prompted to do, that seemed to have something to do with templates, but I couldn't figure out what, since there were no template errors showing. And now I'm having some other problem with a few of the footer widgets not displaying and constantly generating errors, but that's all probably unrelated.... Other than that, no, no new addons or anything. I'm using Lukas's Editor & BB Code Manager, which I only mention because I know it still has at least a few bugs, but I was already using that before the upgrade....

Hey @Jake B. if you do make an importer for Xon's content ratings let me know. I guess I could wait on his update but if you went ahead and made it I would switch back to your add-on. Just thought I'd mention that. I've bought a lot of add-ons from you guys in the past. I was using your add-on reactions before. I really don't know why I switched. When I made that decision it came down to the fact that you couldn't use only positive reactions and had to include negative. I'm pretty sure that's long sense changed though. Just wanted to mention this

Hey @Jake B. if you do make an importer for Xon's content ratings let me know. I guess I could wait on his update but if you went ahead and made it I would switch back to your add-on. Just thought I'd mention that. I've bought a lot of add-ons from you guys in the past. I was using your add-on reactions before. I really don't know why I switched. When I made that decision it came down to the fact that you couldn't use only positive reactions and had to include negative. I'm pretty sure that's long sense changed though. Just wanted to mention this

It's definitely something we'll look into - we've had several requests for it in the past week or so :)

I am assuming it is not possibly seeing a past comment, but just wanted to confirm in the case that it is. Can there be a reaction bar similar to your Reaction add-on, that displays the positive, neutral, and negative reactions, versus the plain like counter?

That's not something that will be easily doable with a template edit as we don't actually touch this page at all and the category data isn't exposed here, unfortunately

I understand that, it was also a very special wish.

But something else is on my mind.
We have created different categories. And only display them in selected forums (nodes).
Thanks to your addon this works great.

Only the ****ing standard reacion ID 1 still appears everywhere.

I have tested many things in extra.less

Code:
.reaction--1 {display: none;}

Hide this reaction 1 everywhere, which is logical.

I tried to work with conditional statements.

Code:
<xf:if is="$forum.node_id != 3">
.reaction--1 {display: none;}
</xf:if>

But that doesn't have the desired effect either.

Does anyone have an idea how I can hide Rraction ID 1 in certain forums?

Last edited:
Unfortunately there are a bunch of places within xenforo that expect that reaction to be available since it’s the default reaction

I am having a weird issue with reactions plus and the UI.x and UI.x Dark Themes. If the reaction is an SVG, it does not show up on the likes summary or in the reaction chooser. I fixed it in the reactions chooser by changing display:flex to display:inline in extra.less:

.emojiList > li a
{
display:inline;
}

I cannot fix it on the likes summary - they just show as an empty circle instead of the small version of the reaction. PNGs show fine, and after my change to the reactions chooser, they show fine there also.

Top Bottom