[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

I'm looking to rank threads by the reaction.

Positive reaction = +1 and Negative reaction = -1 . Then score the thread on the sum of the reactions with sorting by score.

Also regarding the "Like Wrapper". Can more than 1 reaction be stored as an xf like?

Last edited:
Yes, you may subscribe to our add-ons or our themes/add-ons subscription. You may choose ether monthly or yearly pricing.

Thanks!

I'm a bit confused as in the UI.X thread @Mike Creuzer did a breakdown of the value of your upcoming Pro package but included the "normal price" cost of all the component addons separately.

Here are the add-ons for example I'm pretty sure we're going to include (normal price at the end):
  1. [TH] Trending Pro (requires a cron at server level to be more performant, so requires setup which we will include) - We currently charge $400 for select big boards and is not current in resource manager here at XF.com, but we plan to include this add-on in UI.X Pro
  2. [TH] Reactions (similar to Post Ratings, feature parity but with some huge performance improvements and new features, such as multiple ratings per post per user as an option) - $40+ normally
  3. [TH] Nodes - Node grid, customize node icons per node, style inheritance from parent node into thread, and more - $20+
  4. [TH] Threads and Posts - Abridged signatures so users can toggle displaying signatures, original poster graphic, and more tbd - $20+
  5. [TH] Bookmarks - Bookmark nodes, threads, and posts, widgets to display them - $20+
  6. [TH] Covers - Add banners to profiles, threads, resources, and more with resize option, performance options, colors and profile customization options, and more - $20+
  7. [TH] Image Optimizer - Optimize uploads through Kraken.io - $20+
  8. [TH] Topics - Choose multiple 'topics' or 'tags' for your thread to allow for a better UI. Similar to Flarum UI, except we'll support multiple. - $40
  9. Expect more, but at this time this is all we have finished.

Considering you can get all of them for $100/year, wasn't that a bit misleading? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

I'm a bit confused as in the UI.X thread @Mike Creuzer did a breakdown of the value of your upcoming Pro package but included the "normal price" cost of all the component addons separately.

Considering you can get all of them for $100/year, wasn't that a bit misleading? Or am I missing something?
Hello there, thank you for your questions. I'm gonna go ahead and get @Mike Creuzer to respond to this as he has the most comprehensive, up to date information based on what we will be offering in the Pro plan and upcoming plans for XF2.

What I am really missing here is weighting. Surely a rating for 'Spam', 'Flaming' or 'Rude' has more weight than 'bad spelling'.

These are some great suggestions! We designed for the most commonly used emojis but knew that the iconset could be expanded upon. If anyone else has any suggestions for additional reactions, please post them.

We'll gather a list and update the add-on within reason of course ;)

These are some great suggestions! We designed for the most commonly used emojis but knew that the iconset could be expanded upon. If anyone else has any suggestions for additional reactions, please post them.

We'll gather a list and update the add-on within reason of course ;)

1. [TH] Reactions (similar to Post Ratings, feature parity but with some huge performance improvements and new features, such as multiple ratings per post per user as an option) - $40+ normally

Post ratings can use negative ratings to self moderate post. As feature parity is mentioned, is this functionality in the pipeline?

1505327904214.webp

^^ that is exactly why weighting is needed. You don't want to automatically moderate posts for bad spelling.

What I am really missing here is weighting. Surely a rating for 'Spam', 'Flaming' or 'Rude' has more weight than 'bad spelling'.

That's a great idea! We'll look into it: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/18

Post ratings can use negative ratings to self moderate post. As feature parity is mentioned, is this functionality in the pipeline?

1505327904214-png.157841

I wasn't aware of that feature, have added it to our issue tracker: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/19

@Jake B. Any thoughts on
I'm looking to rank threads by the reaction.

Positive reaction = +1 and Negative reaction = -1 . Then score the thread on the sum of the reactions with sorting by score.

Also regarding the "Like Wrapper". Can more than 1 reaction be stored as an xf like?

Misread this one originally as being the same as @Alfa1's question. This is something @silence would need to address as I'm not sure about it

I'm not sure how the like wrapper system was built so I'll tag @silence here too :)

I'm not sure how the like wrapper system was built so I'll tag @silence here too :)

Just that, i believe all positive reactions are a like. You use reactions because I like this because it funny, or i like it because its informative. Only the likes are marked as likes in the XF system by the post ratings addon, and if you turn it off, you loose all that feedback.

Top Bottom