[TH] Monetize Lite [Deleted]

Thanks Rob, when you say the latest version - Xenforo or Ad Monetize?

It's advertised as RESPONSIVE, yet it's not. And I don't understand either why it's not being fixed for a paid addon. I'm really disappointed. I bought another ad manager addon, but my client is already used to this one...

Thanks!

From what I can gather, this mod will receive an update soon.
I'm not having any issues with responsiveness - I'm guessing you just have the advert set up wrongly?

So far we added code in EXTRA.css:

Code:
.funbox_wrap {max-width:100%;height:auto;}

.funbox_above_content  {
    min-height:120px;
    text-align:center;
    margin-top:5px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
}

.funbox_display img {
    height:auto;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 5px 7px 0px rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.75);
    -moz-box-shadow: 0px 5px 7px 0px rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.75);
    box-shadow: 0px 5px 7px 0px rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.75);
}

.funbox_above_content img {height:auto; max-width:100%;
}

It seems to work, except on mobile the minimum height is forced on it and it creates a white space below it.

298fa223f6b97202b19177928d401c02.webp

I cant see how that will help. You need to set up each banner to display at the sizes you want. You would for instance create one banner targetted at the desktop (and perhaps tablet).... you'd need to create an ADDITIONAL banner to target mobiles.

The issue we have is that banners that are not perfectly the same size, cause the funbox to jump during transition. So people get really pissed. And tired.

You need to set up each banner to display at the sizes you want. You would for instance create one banner targetted at the desktop (and perhaps tablet).... you'd need to create an ADDITIONAL banner to target mobiles.

Are you sure? I don't remember reading anything in the instructions concerning this... that's strange. Is this how you did it? Do you have a screenshot of a banner, and then its mobile version?

Thanks!

Ahh, I'm not rotating any adverts so have not seen this issue.
I remember taking a lot of funbox css out tho.

The add on does not resize adverts. it will serve an advert to a desktop, tablet or mobile. It wont mess about resizing adverts - that is by design because a lot of adverts are javascript based (how would it go about resizing javascript?).

Basically, design your advert at the size you want for each device. Then set up a banner for each device, ticking only that device's box.

I'm now pretty sure you've not implemented this right.

"The add on does not resize adverts."

If that's the case, then I question the use of the term "RESPONSIVE" in their title... The adverts, in my case, ARE resized.

I'm still curious to see a screenshot, Rob, would you be able to do that so I can see how you have done it? It would be really helpful.

Regards,

Andre

I'm out an about currently and can't really be messed on with screenshots, just trying to help.

The add on IS responsive only in the fact that it will serve a different advert to each different device. If you are expecting it to resize all your adverts then you may be sorely disappointed. If all your adverts are images and you are self hosting these then you really don't even need this mod since you can control the image width in CSS and just use the standard ad templates.

This mod will allow you to, for instance, serve a rich media / HTML 5 advert to desktops, whilst serving an animated banner advert to laptops and a static png to mobiles - all within the same space.

Perhaps you can describe exactly what you are trying to achieve and how you expect the advertising system to behave because it seems to me like you expect this to perform in a way that even adsense and dfp cannot.

My understanding of responsive was that images or content will shrink or expand, as well as relocate some of the content on the page like the menus, etc.

But at a certain size, a different set of CSS (@media) is triggered which forces (resizes) image dimensions to adapt to a new container or wrap size, which can further shrink beyond that trigger size.

What I hear you say is that at a certain size we should have a different image being served.

Right now there are two settings TABS we use:

1- Advertisement Options:

0521c5e3f9e8f8bcc078cbbbdfa974b0.webp 1

2- Link Advertisement Options:

3d3ecb3f2ff7eacb09c682c8e4708542.webp

As you can see, I don't know where I could load a different image...

Thanks for trying to help, Rob, I do appreciate it,

Regards,

Andre

@creativeforge If you have 2 ads that are different sizes in the same location AND you have rotating ads on, the page WILL jump. We do not resize ads, as @Rob said some are flash/javascript/embedded media/iframes and cannot be controlled. So if you choose to use rotating ads, you should be sure they are at least the same height.

This system is responsive for custom banners mainly. Technically yes this will rotate any ads, its built to serve anything, but it goes against Adsense/DFP/yahoo/etc ad terms. Images we set max width on, and we will rotate that ad out based on the viewport width. Not height, as height is arbitrary on the eyes of a document.

In other words, you should really always use the same banner size standard per location. Its just a good idea anyways so people dont see different sized ads and distract them when they are viewing content.

Yep..... you've definitly misunderstood this add on.

Can you tell me, are you self serving all the images? Do you also use text adverts, adsense or anything else or is it only self hosted images?

If anyone had, like we did, banners of slightly different sizes, and they made your page jump, or bounce, here is the solution we found that totally fixes it for us. We put this in EXTRA.css.

Code:
/* FIX FOR AD MONETIZATION ADDON - removes the jumping effect on ads transitions of dissimilar heights */

.funbox_above_content  {
position: relative;
margin-top:-2px;
max-width: 728px;
}

.funbox_above_content > div {
        width: 100%;
padding-bottom: 14%;
position: relative;
}

.funbox_above_content > div > div {
        position: absolute;
        top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0;
}

.funbox_display img {
height:auto;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px 0px rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.75);
-moz-box-shadow:    0px 5px 5px 0px rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.75);
box-shadow:         0px 5px 5px 0px rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.75);
}

.funbox_above_content img {height:auto; max-width:100%;
}

/* END OF FIX */

Notice that "max-width: 728px;" is for our own banner sizes, so you will want to modify this, as well as some padding or margins. Also notice that I've inserted a shadow under the banner, but you don't need to keep that either.

Hope this helps someone! I've struggled with this for WEEKS.

Regards,

Andre

May I ask when the next release is due to come out?

The future feature of allowing users to purchase advertisements automatically is something I'm very interested in! :)

I think you may have to wait a while. UI.X is soon to be released to be compatible with xF 1.4.8 --- with xF 1.5 due out in beta any time now then I guess they'll be working on that next as a priority. @Mike Creuzer will know more :D

I think you may have to wait a while. UI.X is soon to be released to be compatible with xF 1.4.8 --- with xF 1.5 due out in beta any time now then I guess they'll be working on that next as a priority. @Mike Creuzer will know more :D
I "liked" your comment, but not too happy about the news. :cry:

How does the AD Weight work? Is an ad with a weight of 1 going to show more than an ad with a weight of 5? Or will an ad with a weight of 5 show more than an ad with a weight of 1?

Hi guys,

How could we give advertisers direct access to stats? They wold like to be able to login and check those. Is there a way - since they are also members - to give them access to a live feed of this info from the addon? If so, how?

Thanks!

Andre

Top Bottom