[TH] Login As User [Deleted]

ok new update works but with this set up on my testing account/group when i login as users, it doesn't ask me for a reason.. even thought its configured here to ask me for a reason

6F3WM.png
This permission acts as an override. You can set which user groups require a reason in the add-on options.

This permission acts as an override. You can set which user groups require a reason in the add-on options.
so how come with this off, as in the override is not on i do not get a pop up box asking me for a reason? or is there some settings that are now found in the options list? that first need to be configured?

so how come with this off, as in the override is not on i do not get a pop up box asking me for a reason? or is there some settings that are now found in the options list? that first need to be configured?
Correct. You need to edit the options first to turn it on. The override then works to turn it back off if selected.

Does your code conflict with your other add-ons? I have your XenAtendoMore add-on installed and it looks like this addon - Login as user, is using some of the same files, dated differently. How do I know which files to go with??

Does your code conflict with your other add-ons? I have your XenAtendoMore add-on installed and it looks like this addon - Login as user, is using some of the same files, dated differently. How do I know which files to go with??
Our add-ons use shared files, it is fine to override these files when installing our add-ons. If you run into any issues with our shared files due to using a much older add-on simply re-upload the files for the newer add-on again.

Last edited:
Honestly... that's pretty sloppy technique, don't you think? When you say newer, I assume you're referring to the version number, and not the modified date, yes? Only toying with two of your add-0ns, the process became exponentially and unnecessarily messy... Can you elaborate on why you've chosen this approach? Thanks.

Honestly... that's pretty sloppy technique, don't you think? When you say newer, I assume you're referring to the version number, and not the modified date, yes? Only toying with two of your add-0ns, the process became exponentially and unnecessarily messy... Can you elaborate on why you've chosen this approach? Thanks.
I think you have misunderstood what occurs with these files probably my fault for over-explaining at this late hour! Our shared files are very clever and are the most efficient and clean way of optimizing a lot of add-ons, many developers in this community use shared files on the basis that sites will have more than one of there add-ons. When uploading files it is okay to override these files as they will be the same.

LAU does not work on my newest board which runs 1.2.
I have permission to login as user and the link appears in the top bar. I can click open the dialogue box.
But I cannot type in the name field.

I do not have this problem anywhere else on the board.
I downloaded the newest LAU and installed it.

LAU does not work on my newest board which runs 1.2.
I have permission to login as user and the link appears in the top bar. I can click open the dialogue box.
But I cannot type in the name field.

I do not have this problem anywhere else on the board.
I downloaded the newest LAU and installed it.
Probably an issue with your style. Do you get the same error on the default style?

I think you just need to set the options correctly. Probably it is not a text box you are seeing, but an empty drop-down menu because you have not selected which user groups that users with the permission are able to log in as.

Is there a possibility of moving the Log In As User link from the moderator bar to the navigation menu, I plan on using this in conjunction with the subaccounts mod of yours.

I've attached a image to show you what I'm attempting to accomplish but do not know which template(s) to edit in order to do so:

f9p2.jpg

The red dot is where I'm attempting to place an icon that serves that same function as Login As User in the mod bar.

Is there a possibility of moving the Log In As User link from the moderator bar to the navigation menu, I plan on using this in conjunction with the subaccounts mod of yours.

I've attached a image to show you what I'm attempting to accomplish but do not know which template(s) to edit in order to do so:

f9p2.jpg

The red dot is where I'm attempting to place an icon that serves that same function as Login As User in the mod bar.
Please PM to discuss contributing to this.

I downloaded this and I have a question. I have another admin on my site, but I want them not to be able to log in as me. Is there anyway to make it so that superadmins are the only admins allowed to use this, or so that other admins cannot log in to your account?

I downloaded this and I have a question. I have another admin on my site, but I want them not to be able to log in as me. Is there anyway to make it so that superadmins are the only admins allowed to use this, or so that other admins cannot log in to your account?
You can enable the permission to use the Login As User feature on a per-user basis or set up a user group just for your super admins. Otherwise, please PM me to discuss contributing to this exact feature.

Login As User link is now showing to Guests/Unregistered users in the mod bar. They can't use it, of course, without permissions set, but the link is still visible nonetheless, and there's no option to get rid of it. Kind of a dead giveaway that my admins and I are up to some NSA tactics.

Login As User link is now showing to Guests/Unregistered users in the mod bar. They can't use it, of course, without permissions set, but the link is still visible nonetheless, and there's no option to get rid of it. Kind of a dead giveaway that my admins and I are up to some NSA tactics.
In library/Waindigo/LoginAsUser/Listener/TemplateHook.php replace:
Code:
        if (($session->isRegistered('loggedInAs') &&
             ($xenOptions->waindigo_loginAsUser_positionLoggedInAs == 'left_moderator_bar') || !XenForo_Visitor::getUserId()) ||
             ($userModel->canLoginAsUsers() && $xenOptions->waindigo_loginAsUser_position == 'left_moderator_bar')) {
with
Code:
        if (($session->isRegistered('loggedInAs') &&
             ($xenOptions->waindigo_loginAsUser_positionLoggedInAs == 'left_moderator_bar' || !XenForo_Visitor::getUserId())) ||
             ($userModel->canLoginAsUsers() && $xenOptions->waindigo_loginAsUser_position == 'left_moderator_bar')) {

Top Bottom