[TH] Login As User [Deleted]

True Morgain, and I've done that currently, however other admins could make themselves members of the group and also the less number of user groups there are then the better.

True Morgain, and I've done that currently, however other admins could make themselves members of the group and also the less number of user groups there are then the better.
Why don't you just give the permission to a specific user then?

How could I do that?
Go to ACP -> Users -> List All Users
Find your user and click the Permissions button
Set the following permission:
scr4-png.35827

Aaaaah, thanks for that exactly what I was after, thought it could only be done with usergroup permissions.

I'm sorry I misled you I should have looked up whether there's individual permission on this.
It sounds like you need to limit the access of your other admins though. (another topic)

On my newest board I have assigned this permission to Admins.
I have also assigned it to myself individually.
It still wont let me do it - I get error not allowed.

On my newest board I have assigned this permission to Admins.
I have also assigned it to myself individually.
It still wont let me do it - I get error not allowed.
In the options screen, you need to select the user group of the users you want to login AS.
Visitors with the 'Login as different user' permission will be able to login as users of the selected user groups.

Thank you Jon. That is so hard to remember because I just intuitively assume if a usergroup is enabled to do it ... that's it. I guess I think of it as a global admin option.

Install crashed and now I can't even log into admin section to uninstall this addon. Having error mentioned above all the time. Any suggetions?
Seems to be a permissions issue. I will try and work out a fix.

For now, please could you add the following to your library/config.php file:
Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

This will enable you to uninstall the add-on. You can then remove the above line.

I may be in touch with an updated version if you are able to test it out for me.

Seems to be a permissions issue. I will try and work out a fix.

For now, please could you add the following to your library/config.php file:
Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

This will enable you to uninstall the add-on. You can then remove the above line.

I may be in touch with an updated version if you are able to test it out for me.
Thanks alot! It hepled solve this issue.
It was problem with your Library addon actually, I just missed the window and posted in a wrong thread. Sorry for that.

Thanks alot! It hepled solve this issue.
It was problem with your Library addon actually, I just missed the window and posted in a wrong thread. Sorry for that.
It's actually a problem with one of the shared files, so it probably affects more than one of my add-ons.

Waindigo updated Login As User by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 released

New features:
  • After selecting users to login as, page no longer redirects to homepage.
  • New option to show login box (instead of error) if a user doesn't have permission to view page.
  • Login As User feature is now available (subject to permissions) for non admins even if the board is closed (so they can log in as an admin if necessary).
Bug fixes:
  • Usernames now display in alphabetical order in drop down menu and auto-complete menus.
  • Fixed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

On one site I have it's very important that
I check what pages look like to an outsider.
Any chance I can log in as a Guest?
I mean I can assign Guests as a group to log in as ... but what would I put in the frontend box? Create a user Guest with a long complex password, usergroup Guest .... or what ....

On one site I have it's very important that
I check what pages look like to an outsider.
Any chance I can log in as a Guest?
I mean I can assign Guests as a group to log in as ... but what would I put in the frontend box? Create a user Guest with a long complex password, usergroup Guest .... or what ....
Pretty much. Just create a user called 'Guest', let your cat walk over the keyboard a bit for the password, and put them in the Unregistered user group only.

Pretty much. Just create a user called 'Guest', let your cat walk over the keyboard a bit for the password, and put them in the Unregistered user group only.

No it doesnt quite work. Being logged in means various small things are different - I see Watch forum, for example, and Go to first Unread. There are probably more.
Not everything can be disabled in the Guest usergroup permissions.
I have it set to View everything/ Threads/ Content/ Articles/ attachments/ download attachments. You can do all that as a visitor not logged in.

Maybe there is no solution - or perhaps this magical TMS can do it - add a conditional to things I find a Guest can see to Hide them.

No it doesnt quite work. Being logged in means various small things are different - I see Watch forum, for example, and Go to first Unread. There are probably more.
Not everything can be disabled in the Guest usergroup permissions.
I have it set to View everything/ Threads/ Content/ Articles/ attachments/ download attachments. You can do all that as a visitor not logged in.

Maybe there is no solution - or perhaps this magical TMS can do it - add a conditional to things I find a Guest can see to Hide them.
Probably easier just to log out.

Top Bottom