[TH] Login As User [Deleted]

In that case, should be able to modify that other add-on really easily to do what you want to do. Can you check whether the other add-on works or not first though? No point me copying that add-on if it doesn't work!
It works! But yeah being logged in as the user and members knowing it and seeing you online and seeing the last join in date changed will cause them to be suspicious or freak out cause their friend's annoying them. I don't know if you can affect the user last login date at all, probably not. but it's just a suggestion that will help prevent potential problems and help admins not accidnetally clicking on the alert or pm.

It works!
Turns out its easier to do it in this add-on. Just add the following to the bottom of /library/Waindigo/LoginAsUser/Extend/XenForo/Model/User.php just before the final closing brace:
PHP:
    public function updateSessionActivity($userId, $ip, $controllerName, $action, $viewState, array $inputParams, $viewDate = null)
    {
        if (!$session->isRegistered('loggedInAs'))
        {
            parent::updateSessionActivity($userId, $ip, $controllerName, $action, $viewState, $inputParams, $viewDate);
        }
    }

Thanks but even without the edit this isn't working for me so I had to uninstall. I'll troubleshoot later probably.

I installed the plugin and it works so far. However, I receive the following error when I navigate in the Admin CP by clicking on the "home" tab. Disabling the plugin returns the Admin CP home page to normal.

Code:
Server Error

opendir(/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/forum/library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender): failed to open dir: No such file or directory
1.XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
2.opendir() in Waindigo/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch/20120915.php at line 340
3.Waindigo_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch->_removeUnwantedCopyrightNotice() in Waindigo/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch/20120915.php at line 77
4.Waindigo_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch->run() in Waindigo/LoginAsUser/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch.php at line 9
5.Waindigo_LoginAsUser_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch->run() in Waindigo/LoginAsUser/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch.php at line 15
6.Waindigo_LoginAsUser_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch::controllerPreDispatch()
7.call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
8.XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 305
9.XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
10.XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
11.XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/forum/admin.php at line 13

Not quite sure what you are requesting. This add-on can already do everything you are asking for. It is a permission, so you can make it available for admins use only.

Thank you. I apologize. Based on the earlier post it sounded like you could not read a member's private conversations with this add-on. Indeed you can!

As has already been mentioned, the biggest addition would be the ability to not have a user's login timestamp updated if this plugin is used.

PC = Personal Conversation, not Private
I refrain from using the term 'Private' as it conveys a sense of security that isn't present in most forum messaging systems.

I installed the plugin and it works so far. However, I receive the following error when I navigate in the Admin CP by clicking on the "home" tab. Disabling the plugin returns the Admin CP home page to normal.

Code:
Server Error

opendir(/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/forum/library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender): failed to open dir: No such file or directory
1.XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
2.opendir() in Waindigo/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch/20120915.php at line 340
3.Waindigo_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch->_removeUnwantedCopyrightNotice() in Waindigo/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch/20120915.php at line 77
4.Waindigo_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch->run() in Waindigo/LoginAsUser/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch.php at line 9
5.Waindigo_LoginAsUser_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch->run() in Waindigo/LoginAsUser/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch.php at line 15
6.Waindigo_LoginAsUser_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch::controllerPreDispatch()
7.call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
8.XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 305
9.XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
10.XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
11.XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/forum/admin.php at line 13
I got this too. :S

Thanks but even without the edit this isn't working for me so I had to uninstall. I'll troubleshoot later probably.
You need to make sure you set the permission AND check the usergroup of the user that you want to log-in as in the ACP options for this add-on.

I will update the installation instructions to make this clearer.

hm...this is a two-edged sword. I can perfectly understand why people would not register to a site if they know that the admin can login as themselves and read their PCs with ease. Sure, admins can read everything in the db, but this is rather inconvenient compared to what they can do with this add-on.

With that said, are there any public hints to this add-on in the source code, like a hidden copyright note?

hm...this is a two-edged sword. I can perfectly understand why people would not register to a site if they know that the admin can login as themselves and read their PCs with ease. Sure, admins can read everything in the db, but this is rather inconvenient compared to what they can do with this add-on.

With that said, are there any public hints to this add-on in the source code, like a hidden copyright note?
The copyright notice is a generic one and would appear on every page, so no clue there. There are other add-ons that could produce the same effect and not be visible to the end user (such as the Edit User Join Date add-on that 8thos discusses above).

The only hints that this add-on is installed would be if debug mode was disabled enabled.

I removed my old install, re installed, and am still getting the same error at the ACP home page. :(

I removed my old install, re installed, and am still getting the same error at the ACP home page. :(
Did you make sure to overwrite all files? Please try the update above and let me know if that fixes it.

Did you make sure to overwrite all files? Please try the update above and let me know if that fixes it.
I didn't get a prompt in ftp to overwrite anything, i'll give it another shot.

Edit: Everything works as it should, Thanks.

The privacy issue has also come up in this school community. As admin I can already check private conversations in other software the community uses.
I always explain that I never check private conversations "for fun" - I am too busy!
But if I get a report of anything sensitive I can quickly check, and see EXACTLY what was said.

Usually, you can change a users password (with his knowledge and permission) to be able to login with his account and help him. After that you simply send him a new password request.

But with this addon the admin gets powers he should not have. Now even with a HIDE feature.

I again say that this does MORE harm than good to the XF community. I know that vb boards are not trusted at all because of the "Read PN" addon. Something this software doesn't have. Until now.

You can also see from the answers in this thread that most users want this addon to be able to secretly access users accounts.

In my first post I mentioned my project about me porting album comments from vb4 to xenforo. Well what I was going to do is the same thing I did when I ported blog comments over was save the database table that saves password. Change the user's password in admincp, login as them, then when I was done copy-n-pasting their comments from vb4 to xf, I re-uploaded the old database table that saves password so that they retained their old password.

This addon prevents me from having to do all that. Thanks Waindigo. :cool:

Top Bottom