[TH] Login As User [Deleted]

PC = Personal Conversation, not Private
I refrain from using the term 'Private' as it conveys a sense of security that isn't present in most forum messaging systems.
I will never get used to using the term PC. Almost all my members came from vBulletin. We've been on xenforo now for a year and we still say PM. I'm creating an addon to change all phrases that say Personal Conversation to Private Message, Conversation to Message. Gonna call it 8thos Private Messages.

Usually, you can change a users password (with his knowledge and permission) to be able to login with his account and help him. After that you simply send him a new password request.

But with this addon the admin gets powers he should not have. Now even with a HIDE feature.

I again say that this does MORE harm than good to the XF community. I know that vb boards are not trusted at all because of the "Read PN" addon. Something this software doesn't have. Until now.

You can also see from the answers in this thread that most users want this addon to be able to secretly access users accounts.
Dude, there's a Read PC addon http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tlk-readpc.26890/ and I already know of a xenforo site whose admin abused it by banning members who talked sh!t about him in PCs. He practically banned 3/4th's of the site. Too much power went to the head.

I uninstalled it... and it ended up breaking the membercard. Like when you click on a member's name, the member card pops up? Yeah it broke that.

I think it's because I have made some alterations to my site's member card through the TMS.

I uninstalled it... and it ended up breaking the membercard. Like when you click on a member's name, the member card pops up? Yeah it broke that.

I think it's because I have made some alterations to my site's member card through the TMS.
It broke the membercard only after you uninstalled it? This makes no sense to me. Sounds like a bug with TMS if anything.

I think this conflicts with tapatalk. I get this in console when clicking on a username

PHP <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined method Tapatalk_Model_User::canLoginAsUser() in <b>/home/xxx/public_html/library/Waindigo/LoginAsUser/Listener/TemplateHook.php</b> on line <b>67</b><br />

Got it working now but the funny thing is that it only lets me login to my own profile. :ROFLMAO:

Got it working now but the funny thing is that it only lets me login to my own profile. :ROFLMAO:
In the ACP options, you need to set the User Groups of the groups that you want to log in as (and not your user group). Is this what you've done? Lol.

Did I? Or are you just using my thread to plug your own add-ons. ;) Either way, that was a lot of incompatibilities on one site! It is a nice bar though...
Yes you did because the old versions of this addon completely screwed up both my member card and 8thos Bar. Without your help I wouldn't have been able to use it. There's a lot of compatibilities because I have a lot of addons installed. :D I see it took you an hour or so. If you think that's bad troubleshooting one addon, try installing a bunch of addons on one site including your own, then you start seeing the incompatibilities pile up. Some mysteries never get solved either.

BTW I rated this addon 5 stars just now. I'm confused because I thought I previously rated this addon before? Did my rating get deleted and why?

Yes you did because the old versions of this addon completely screwed up both my member card and 8thos Bar. Without your help I wouldn't have been able to use it. There's a lot of compatibilities because I have a lot of addons installed. :D I see it took you an hour or so. If you think that's bad troubleshooting one addon, try installing a bunch of addons on one site including your own, then you start seeing the incompatibilities pile up. Some mysteries never get solved either.
I always knew I was going to have incompatibility issues with this add-on. Only took me that long because I'm working on about 10 things at the same time. Also your site is very distracting! I was actually surprised how quickly I managed to fix it in the end.

BTW I rated this addon 5 stars just now. I'm confused because I thought I previously rated this addon before? Did my rating get deleted and why?
Thanks. Not sure about that. Hadn't noticed anyone review it until now. Maybe you rated someone else's add-on by mistake?

Top Bottom