[TH] Login As User [Deleted]

I don't know, there was some sort of Error Log in the directory files but I couldn't open that file type. I basically had to reinstall XenForo as nothing was working anymore. Luckily it was all on some testing files so no real damage done. I can do it again if you want.
In future, just add the following line of code to your config.php file:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
which will stop add-ons from working and allow you to find error messages in the error log (Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log) and disable/uninstall the ones causing problems.

I will do some testing on my end, but if you do find any errors, please let me know. Any log files on your server should just open up in Notepad/Wordpad or similar.

Do you think you might have a minute to just do a screen share with me? It's a lot easier for me to show you exactly what happens and what I am doing than trying to explain things I don't know much about.

Do you think you might have a minute to just do a screen share with me? It's a lot easier for me to show you exactly what happens and what I am doing than trying to explain things I don't know much about.
Drop me a PM and we can do this tomorrow once I've had a chance to test it out myself. It is pretty late here (gone 3am) and I'm just finishing up for the night.

I am still having trouble with this. Everytime I upload this to XF v 1.2RC1 it causes a Server Error. Not sure how other people have it installed, my XF is a default fresh installation so there's no conflict with other Add-ons.

As for the listener thingie in the config file, where is that file located?

@xIsabel38 the config.php file is located in the library folder.

You might also want to try adding the following line to see if it causes any error messages to appear:
PHP:
$debug['config'] = true;

Without an error message it is very difficult for me to find what ID causing the problem.

Also, it might be worth uploading the shared files (from the upload/library/Waindigo/Listener folder) from a more recently updated add-on to see if it that helps.

Here's the error when using Add-on Installer.

Zend_Filter_Exception: Given file is no zip archive - library/Zend/Filter/Compress/Zip.php:233
Generated By: Isabel, Today at 7:04 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home5/eqaddict/public_html/testingtesting/library/Zend/Filter/Decompress.php(47): Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->decompress('/var/tmp/phpt9F...')
#1 /home5/eqaddict/public_html/testingtesting/library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php(29): Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter('/var/tmp/phpt9F...')
#2 /home5/eqaddict/public_html/testingtesting/library/AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(57): AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip('/var/tmp/phpt9F...')
#3 /home5/eqaddict/public_html/testingtesting/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade()
#4 /home5/eqaddict/public_html/testingtesting/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home5/eqaddict/public_html/testingtesting/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(71) "http://eqaddiction.com/testingtesting/admin.php?add-ons/install-upgrade"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/install-upgrade"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(6) {
["resource_url"] => string(0) ""
["login"] => string(0) ""
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["server_file_oldskool"] => string(0) ""
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Yes, several times either way. I'm actually re-installing a fresh forum just to do it again and get you the error.

Thanks. The error you have posted looks like an error with @Chris Deeming's add-on installer. So if you install without, you will presumably get a different error message.

Forum is installing now so I will update you once it is fully done. As before I offer to fully share my screen with you so that you may see for yourself exactly what occurs when I try to install the Add-on.

I do want to make note that I have had no issues with it using XF 1.1.5 with or without Chris' Addon.

Which PHP Version are you using?

I created a video showing exactly everything I did. It's a bit long but I felt it was important to demonstrate that I was installing a fresh forum with no other add-ons and then installing this mod directly after.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On 1.1.5 I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_User::canLoginAsUsers() in /home/forumsha/public_html/community/library/Waindigo/LoginAsUser/Listener/TemplateHook.php on line 37

@Waindigo can you add the option back so that I can logout and log back into my own username without having to type it in the login as user box. Plus, the AutoComplete doesn't work if you type in a username when logged in as someone else.

I preferred the way the previous version worked.

NO!!!
This version is perfect. It was so annoying to go back to your own username when testing multiple users.

@Waindigo can you add the option back so that I can logout and log back into my own username without having to type it in the login as user box.
Sorry. I kinda overlooked that it would actually be quite an effort to get back to your own account if you were using autocomplete. I will add an option to make this easier.

Back
Top Bottom