[TH] Library [Deleted]

I uninstalled everything. Fresh install XF. Then installed library. If i wanted to make a prefix its not possible without an error. It doesnt matter were i do this. I tried to do this in the backend under apllications, choosing library and then add new prefix. Got the error. If i choose under threads and posts thread prefixes, and then choose add new prefix, i get the same error again.

If i disable library, i can make prefixes. Then enable library again and i can use the prefix. Its only not possible to make new prefixes if library is enabled without the error

i use xf 1.1.3

I uninstalled everything. Fresh install XF. Then installed library. If i wanted to make a prefix its not possible without an error. It doesnt matter were i do this. I tried to do this in the backend under apllications, choosing library and then add new prefix. Got the error. If i choose under threads and posts thread prefixes, and then choose add new prefix, i get the same error again.

If i disable library, i can make prefixes. Then enable library again and i can use the prefix. Its only not possible to make new prefixes if library is enabled without the error

i use xf 1.1.3

Same problem here. I don't think the XF version matters. I think it is a problem with the add on.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I get the following error when trying to edit any of my thread prefixes in the admin CP:

Confirmed

I get this error when trying to view or edit a thread prefix in AdminCP

Also I noticed an error when trying to edit a thread prefix...disabled the library addon and I was able to edit them again
Installed it on a clean XF. When i (try after the install), to create a new prefix, im getting this
I can confirm this error
@Harry Fox & Cees50 : I was unable to reproduce the Prefix edit error. Could you describe the exact steps you took to get the issue?
This can be fixed temporarily by installing Custom Fields (or temporarily disabling Library). This is why some were unable to replicate this. A permanent fix for this is coming...

I'm unable to find whether this has already been reported, but page count in article listings is wrong by -1.View attachment 34006View attachment 34004

EDIT : The page_count attribute in xf_article table is zero-based. In the code, it is assumed that it is one based.
I think I fixed this in a previous update. Does this still happen with newly created articles? Can you run the rebuild caches and see if this fixes it for old articles?

I'm not sure if this is reported but I'm finding if a library uses the root then the URL link is not correct.
When I create a Library node with the root as parent node, the URL in the forum list is OK. Maybe you need to be more explicit in order for us to understand the issue.
Same for me. Unable to replicate this issue.

Thanks to ManOnDaMoon for taking charge. I owe you one.

Waindigo updated Library by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.3.3 released

Bug fixes:
  • Copyright notice now only displays on Library pages and certain other pages
  • Fixed 'no document registered' issue when trying to edit thread prefixes and custom thread fields is not installed.
  • Fixed article (pages) post date not displaying correctly when viewing article.
  • Fixed issue that redirects are not deleted when article is deleted.
  • Removed  's from waindigo_node_select_library and waindigo_content_select_library.
  • Added cron entry to remove...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Seems to have fixed the prefix issue, if I'm correct.

Thanks for the update. I will let you know if I have any issues.

Hi,

A suggestion for a future update would be to add support for the widget framework. Basically, I want to add a widget displaying latest articles, which is similar to this:

uTygV.png

Is there a way to do this manually?

Sorry for the delay, I only just installed v1.3.3 on my working copy. I reverted all my quickfixes (only keeping files from the archive that is available here) but I have not tested on a fresh XF install.

I think I fixed this in a previous update. Does this still happen with newly created articles? Can you run the rebuild caches and see if this fixes it for old articles?

NOK : I can confirm this is still an issue with v1.3.3 on my WC, with either new or old articles, even after cache rebuild (article & article page) and even after hourly library cleanup. This is how I fixed the Waindigo_Library_Model_Article::getPageNumbers() function
PHP:
	public function getPageNumbers($pageCount)
	{	
		$pages = array();
		if ($pageCount > 0)
		{
			for ($i=1; $i <= $pageCount + 1; $i++)
			{
				$pages[] = $i;
			}
		}
		return $pages;
	}

OK : for &nbsp;'s. :) It is now a lot easier to link threads to articles.

NOK for "created_date bug" :( There are still some "$article.created_date" used in the following templates, once in each of them:
- waindigo_article_container_library;
- waindigo_search_result_article_library;
- waindigo_search_result_article_page_library.
The resulting effect is the current date displayed in place of the actual article/article page post_date.

NOK for article page inline edition : when editing an article page inline, making changes to the page content, then clicking "More Options...", the changes are lost. I fixed this by adding this test in Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_ArticlePage, anywhere after getting $articlePage in actionEdit():
PHP:
if ($this->_input->inRequest('more_options'))
{
	$articlePage['message'] = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('message', $this->_input);
}

Next is not a bug, but rather a question : wouldn't it be better SEO practice to either throw a 404 error or link to an article's first page when accessing a nonexistent page? Currently, this case only displays an empty page.

I hope this helps. Thank you for your work !

NOK : I can confirm this is still an issue with v1.3.3 on my WC, with either new or old articles, even after cache rebuild (article & article page) and even after hourly library cleanup. This is how I fixed the Waindigo_Library_Model_Article::getPageNumbers() function
PHP:
 public function getPageNumbers($pageCount)
{
$pages = array();
if ($pageCount > 0)
{
for ($i=1; $i <= $pageCount + 1; $i++)
{
$pages[] = $i;
}
}
return $pages;
}
Strange. I couldn't replicate with new articles. I may have been wrong about existing ones though and the cache rebuilder though. I'll check.

NOK for "created_date bug" :( There are still some "$article.created_date" used in the following templates, once in each of them:
- waindigo_article_container_library;
- waindigo_search_result_article_library;
- waindigo_search_result_article_page_library.
The resulting effect is the current date displayed in place of the actual article/article page post_date.
Thanks. Sorry, assumed it was just the one template.

NOK for article page inline edition : when editing an article page inline, making changes to the page content, then clicking "More Options...", the changes are lost. I fixed this by adding this test in Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_ArticlePage, anywhere after getting $articlePage in actionEdit():
PHP:
if ($this->_input->inRequest('more_options'))
{
$articlePage['message'] = $this->getHelper('Editor')->getMessageText('message', $this->_input);
}
Thanks. Didn't see this bug reported before.

Next is not a bug, but rather a question : wouldn't it be better SEO practice to either throw a 404 error or link to an article's first page when accessing a nonexistent page? Currently, this case only displays an empty page.
This was intentional (but temporary) to provide access to a 'delete article' link when there was an article with no pages (due to previous bugs that are now fixed). I really need to just add a delete link to the article list page so that this is no longer required at all.

Thanks for your help.

Strange. I couldn't replicate with new articles. I may have been wrong about existing ones though and the cache rebuilder though. I'll check.
Hold a sec. I tried again rebuilding caches with all other addons disabled. Got no result until I realized I wasn't, like, rebuilding the right cache................. ¬_¬"

My mistake. This is working totally OK.

Hi Waindigo, I see this error in the XenForo log :
XenForo_Exception: Invalid data writer 'Waindigo_Library_DataWriter_Discussion_Article' specified - library\XenForo\DataWriter.php:1978
Généré par: Compte inconnu, il y a 3 minutes

#0 D:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Waindigo\Library\Model\ArticleRedirect.php(157): XenForo_DataWriter::create('Waindigo_Librar...', 3)
#1 D:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Waindigo\Library\CronEntry\CleanUp.php(17): Waindigo_Library_Model_ArticleRedirect->deleteArticleRedirects(Array)
#2 [internal function]: Waindigo_Library_CronEntry_CleanUp::runHourlyCleanUp(Array)
#3 D:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\Model\Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 D:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\Cron.php(29): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#5 D:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\Cron.php(64): XenForo_Cron->run()
#6 D:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\cron.php(12): XenForo_Cron::runAndOutput()
#7 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(44) "http://localhost/xenforo/cron.php?1351164544"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
[1351164544] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

A file missing, maybe? I couldn't find the file Waindigo/Library/DataWriter/Discussion/Article.php

Also, I told you it was OK concerning whitespaces in the waindigo_content_select_library and waindigo_node_select_library templates: it seems I was mistaken, and they are still present. Not a big deal, though.

Hi Jon

So I uploaded a file as an attachment to an article. But the attachment doesn't show up on the article. Can you tell me how to get the attachments to show?

I see... is it planned in next version perhaps?
The problem arises because attachments are attached to the whole article (rather than just individual article pages).

The current version of Library is not yet stable (there are still bugs to be fixed), so we are not currently accepting contributions for the next version. Within reason, we will be happy to add any feature that someone is willing to contribute towards to the next version. This is certainly something that I would be interested in adding.

For now, you should be able to link to your attachments with a normal hyperlink.

The problem arises because attachments are attached to the whole article (rather than just individual article pages).

The current version of Library is not yet stable (there are still bugs to be fixed), so we are not currently accepting contributions for the next version. Within reason, we will be happy to add any feature that someone is willing to contribute towards to the next version. This is certainly something that I would be interested in adding.

For now, you should be able to link to your attachments with a normal hyperlink.

Thanks for the clarification Jon. When you say link to your attachments with a normal hyperlink, how do I know the link? Could you please clarify. Thanks for your time... :)

Thanks for the clarification Jon. When you say link to your attachments with a normal hyperlink, how do I know the link? Could you please clarify. Thanks for your time... :)
I think you will need to make the attachment, save the article, then go back in and edit the article and copy the link from the list of attachments at the bottom of that page.

Hi, this is your weekly bug report by ManOnDaMoon!

Upon linking an article to a newly created thread via your CustomFields add-on, the following occurs:

- two identical threads are created: having a really quick look (no real investigation) it seems that Waindigo_Library_Model_Article->createNewThread() is called both in Waindigo_Library_DataWriter_Article::_discussionPreSave() and Waindigo_Library_ControllerPublic_Article::actionSave();

- only one thread is effectively linked to the article;

- thread creator is the user who edited the article, possibly a moderator, but not the article author -- this is not really important but useful to point out;

- similar to my previous point, the newly created thread message indicates that the user who edited the article "created a new article", while still possibly being a moderator who did not really create the article. Again, easily corrected by hand, but interesting to point out.

Tested with all addons, except for Custom Fields & Library, disabled.

Top Bottom