[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

For the license key, is it the validation token? Because there isn't a license key. Also, when I try to upgrade xenforo, do I use my username and password for the forums?

Those files don't look like required files, so you can just go ahead and click continue.

Works for styles, not letting me upload addons though.
What error are you getting?

For the license key, is it the validation token? Because there isn't a license key. Also, when I try to upgrade xenforo, do I use my username and password for the forums?
No, you should enter the customer area username and password so that the add-on can login and download from your customer area. You don't need to enter a license key -- the add-on will find it for you once you are logged in.

Those files don't look like required files, so you can just go ahead and click continue.

No, you should enter the customer area username and password so that the add-on can login and download from your customer area. You don't need to enter a license key -- the add-on will find it for you once you are logged in.

But there is no username, only email. I tried email and it didn't work.

I don't want to upload that thumb crap. Would be cool if that error would just skip those files.

That style I tried to import was from an old style. I can import new styles though.

I don't want to upload that thumb crap. Would be cool if that error would just skip those files.

That style I tried to import was from an old style. I can import new styles though.
There is a continue button at the bottom of the page. If you click that it will carry on to the next stage without having to upload those files.

@Waindigo, after installing the latest update on 1.2 RC1, I cannot install any add-ons via the utility. I get the below (even when trying to re-install this add-on) unless I SFTP the files to the server and then select the .XML file. Further, cannot do an install from xenForo's RM. I can enable Chris's add-on installer and it works fine.
screenshot.webp

EDIT: additional information - have removed it and tried to re-install and now it's not even listed in the add-ons as installed.
I had to manually install it, but it still uses the default install routine that is provided by XF instead of like it used to. Problem with integration with RC1?
When I try to install via Chris's add-on installer this is what I get now:
example.webp

Last edited:
@Waindigo, after installing the latest update on 1.2 RC1, I cannot install any add-ons via the utility. I get the below (even when trying to re-install this add-on) unless I SFTP the files to the server and then select the .XML file. Further, cannot do an install from xenForo's RM. I can enable Chris's add-on installer and it works fine.
View attachment 51431

EDIT: additional information - have removed it and tried to re-install and now it's not even listed in the add-ons as installed.
I had to manually install it, but it still uses the default install routine that is provided by XF instead of like it used to. Problem with integration with RC1?
When I try to install via Chris's add-on installer this is what I get now:
View attachment 51433
Could you let me know which add-ons you are trying to install so I can try to replicate? I just tried installing Chris's add-on installer using my add-on on RC1 and it worked fine for me.

Any add-on. None will install from the RM. It acts like they need to be uploaded to my physical server to work. Am about to uninstall Chris's add-on and yours and then try a re-install of yours to see if there may be a conflict. Even when I go to check for updated add-ons it tells me that the page cannot be found.
If that doesn't work I'll have to mess with it later. Have to be at a client at 1:00PM to assist in setting up tablets on the wireless network.

EDIT: still does not work. The install add-on page is identical to the default one - with the same restrictions. File must be manually uploaded or placed on the physical server.
I've restarted php5-fpm and nginx on the off chance that could be it - still does not resolve the problem
What I was trying was to install this via Chris's routine. But I would get the data writer error.

EDIT 2: Guess I'm not going to be able to use this. Did an uninstall, rebooted the server, manually uploaded all files, installed the install XML file. Now when I choose "Upgrade" it gives me the below (after seeing an nginx 502 gateway problem):
Code:
2013/07/16 12:55:44 [error] 3249#0: *137 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 64.188.196.60, server: sayapple.com, request: "GET /admin.php?upgrade/get-license-key HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "sayapple.com", referrer: "http://sayapple.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"
2013/07/16 12:55:47 [error] 3249#0: *137 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 64.188.196.60, server: sayapple.com, request: "GET /admin.php?upgrade/get-license-key HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "sayapple.com", referrer: "http://sayapple.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"
2013/07/16 12:55:53 [error] 3249#0: *137 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 64.188.196.60, server: sayapple.com, request: "GET /admin.php?upgrade/get-license-key HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "sayapple.com", referrer: "http://sayapple.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"
2013/07/16 12:55:57 [error] 3249#0: *137 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 64.188.196.60, server: sayapple.com, request: "GET /admin.php?upgrade/get-license-key HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "sayapple.com", referrer: "http://sayapple.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"

Crazy thing was, it worked just fine before I upgraded it using it's own software.

Last edited:
EDIT: still does not work. The install add-on page is identical to the default one - with the same restrictions. File must be manually uploaded or placed on the physical server.
I've restarted php5-fpm and nginx on the off chance that could be it - still does not resolve the problem
What I was trying was to install this via Chris's routine. But I would get the data writer error.
There is no special screen. It is supposed to look like the normal screen but you should be able to upload zip files or enter URLs in the box. If you have Chris's add-on installed, you will have to manually go to admin.php?add-ons/install to get the standard form.

EDIT 2: Guess I'm not going to be able to use this. Did an uninstall, rebooted the server, manually uploaded all files, installed the install XML file. Now when I choose "Upgrade" it gives me the below:
Code:
2013/07/16 12:55:44 [error] 3249#0: *137 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 64.188.196.60, server: sayapple.com, request: "GET /admin.php?upgrade/get-license-key HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "sayapple.com", referrer: "http://sayapple.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"
2013/07/16 12:55:47 [error] 3249#0: *137 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 64.188.196.60, server: sayapple.com, request: "GET /admin.php?upgrade/get-license-key HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "sayapple.com", referrer: "http://sayapple.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"
2013/07/16 12:55:53 [error] 3249#0: *137 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 64.188.196.60, server: sayapple.com, request: "GET /admin.php?upgrade/get-license-key HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "sayapple.com", referrer: "http://sayapple.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"
2013/07/16 12:55:57 [error] 3249#0: *137 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 64.188.196.60, server: sayapple.com, request: "GET /admin.php?upgrade/get-license-key HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "sayapple.com", referrer: "http://sayapple.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"

Crazy thing was, it worked just fine before I upgraded it using it's own software.
Strange. I will try again and see if I can replicate.

There is no special screen. It is supposed to look like the normal screen but you should be able to upload zip files or enter URLs in the box. If you have Chris's add-on installed, you will have to manually go to admin.php?add-ons/install to get the standard form.
Strange. I will try again and see if I can replicate.
This was the only add-on installed (Chris's was removed) -and would not allow any URL uploads to occur. I'm headed out the door right now. If you are on when I get back I will set you up an account and we can see what I broke on my server if you want. :p

This was the only add-on installed (Chris's was removed) -and would not allow any URL uploads to occur. I'm headed out the door right now. If you are on when I get back I will set you up an account and we can see what I broke on my server if you want. :p
That would be great. Thanks. Drop me a pm when you get back because it sounds like you are getting a few different problems so I don't want to confuse things.

Top Bottom