[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

What method are you using to update, and what version are you updating from?
steps i did

1. remove old install and upgrade 1.4.9 via uninstall addon and restarted nginx/php-fpm
2. upload the 1.4.13 zip to server, extract contents and copy to xenforo location where upload is extracted upload folder from zip and /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public is web root where xenforo is installed and nginx is user/group
Code:
chown -R nginx:nginx upload
cd upload/
\cp -afR * /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public
3. then restart nginx and php-fpm to clear any caching
4. then installed via install addon in admin.php with addon-Hex_InstallUpgrade.xml from local pc.

Last edited:
fyi seems i have this error logged too

using XF 1.4.10 with PHP 5.6.13

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: upload_file - library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php:180

Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(180): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 180, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "https://domain.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/install"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

fyi seems i have this error logged too

using XF 1.4.10 with PHP 5.6.13

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: upload_file - library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php:180

Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(180): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 180, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "https://domain.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/install"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

It looks like the old version didn't uninstall properly could you try rebuilding master data?

Great! Also, if you have any other boards that you need to update this on you can leave the old version installed, and then install the new one like you would a new add-on and it will keep all of your data from the old version :)
ah didn't know you could do that heh thanks :)

??? no sure i understand that one ?

On your add-on list on the options dropdown there is an 'Edit URL' link. Just set the link to the resource manager entry for each add-on there. If you install them by pasting in a link from the XF Resource Manager it will do this automatically though. But because you uninstalled the old version these fields were lost so you will have to do your existing add-ons manually. Not sure if that makes sense :p

On your add-on list on the options dropdown there is an 'Edit URL' link. Just set the link to the resource manager entry for each add-on there. If you install them by pasting in a link from the XF Resource Manager it will do this automatically though. But because you uninstalled the old version these fields were lost so you will have to do your existing add-ons manually. Not sure if that makes sense :p
ah i see.. hmm got 80+ addons so probably wait when i do updates via linked RM url heh

ah i see.. hmm got 80+ addons so probably wait when i do updates via linked RM url heh

Yep, that may be best. It may be possible to setup some sort of script that searches for an add-on in the resource manager with the same title, but I'm not sure how reliable that would be

Suddenly getting these red Error! warnings since upgrading:

View attachment 118002

These show up when an HTTP error of some sort occurs when trying to load the URL you have set for those add-ons. You can either ignore them, remove the URLs, or fix the URL. A few things that will cause this would be linking to the thread instead of the resource manager, or possibly your server having issues connecting to XenForo's server. Or just a malformatted URL. If you want to send me a message on Skype I can help you go through these.

Jake

These show up when an HTTP error of some sort occurs when trying to load the URL you have set for those add-ons. You can either ignore them, remove the URLs, or fix the URL. A few things that will cause this would be linking to the thread instead of the resource manager, or possibly your server having issues connecting to XenForo's server. Or just a malformatted URL. If you want to send me a message on Skype I can help you go through these.

Ah, that's all I needed to know - all good now. Thanks!

What are the premium features mentioned in the description, and how much is the subscription? I downloaded the add-on, but there is nothing about this in the read me.

What are the premium features mentioned in the description, and how much is the subscription? I downloaded the add-on, but there is nothing about this in the read me.

We've removed the 'premium features', and they are now available to all users.

Previously though, the premium features included things like automatically checking for updates, and encrypting stored passwords.

You can purchase a premium support subscription over at http://forums.xf.hexthemes.com/subscriptions and this will entitle you to official support.

Jake

If you are getting errors saying that the add-on is unable to connect to XenForo's resource manager due to a 403 error, please upgrade to the latest version and then run the following query:
Code:
UPDATE xf_addon SET `install_upgrade_error`=0, `install_upgrade_last_check`=0;

How would I go about fixing this:

Code:
ftp_login(): Sorry, cleartext sessions are not accepted on this server.

Also, this addon has been updated but it says all of my addons are up-to-date, yet it shows this addon needs updating on my end which it does because I'm still on .12.

Top Bottom