[TH] Hotspots [Deleted]

Making contracts here in that small community for every small add-on and extension is not quite practical. Also, there are enough devs that you can trust, just pick the right one. But in general it is the "couldn't care less" attitude that some devs have that drives away admins from XF. Most are short term thinkers. If you want to have a growing community you need to think long-term. That's true for admins and devs.

I have HotSpots installed v1.0.11b and when I try to update to v1.1.3b I get the message:
This add-on cannot be installed as you have Hotspots by Waindigo installed. Please either uninstall it first, or use [⌂] Install and Upgrade to upgrade to the new ThemeHouse version.

I installed the Install & Upgrade addon v1.4.14b and firstly tried to do an upgrade to Hotspots by selecting the Upgrade Addons buttons however it will not let me select HotSpots to upgrade. So I tried to install it as a new addon and got the same message as above:
This add-on cannot be installed as you have Hotspots by Waindigo installed. Please either uninstall it first, or use [⌂] Install and Upgrade to upgrade to the new ThemeHouse version.

I am trying to protect my existing data but nothing seems to work...any ideas?

I have HotSpots installed v1.0.11b and when I try to update to v1.1.3b I get the message:

I installed the Install & Upgrade addon v1.4.14b and firstly tried to do an upgrade to Hotspots by selecting the Upgrade Addons buttons however it will not let me select HotSpots to upgrade. So I tried to install it as a new addon and got the same message as above:

I am trying to protect my existing data but nothing seems to work...any ideas?
Go ahead and create a ticket on this so that we can take a closer look, please :)

What a wonderful addon!
What i miss:
  • Move / Copy Hotspots to other maps (edit node_id)
  • Deactivate main map (i just dont show the tab now)
  • Add a field for a link text to the forum / use a title (can done by template, shure)
  • Option to show the markers (it is just one trigger, i guess)
What i dont like: Google will kill us one day.
This Addon could run also with open maps probably? Any help for changing that is welcome.

Last edited:
I have solved some things.
  • In the list we dont need detail or map (with less items); we can use the link to map above; the details are behind the name, no need for a second link.
  • You can show one map with a navi tab, seems to be the master map; but i need cities so i use a category and dont show it in the forum. Instead we need an own tab hiting maps and this catergory. (Done)
  • The img_url should be an "upload_icon"; the editor miss attachments
  • the small editor for comments could be one with bbcode, but i like it small also
  • under the map we may show the adresses again; i dont know how to connect them; maybe with anchors from the map to the adress; but vice versa?
Now i have one thing open:

How i can show a marker immediately without mouse-over, please?

If you deactivate the addon you still have the possibility to add a map, but you get an error when trying it.
This addon would be really awesome with some modifications.

Top Bottom