[TH] Hotspots [Deleted]

The themehosue forum has a notice at the top:

Please note: This forum is primarily intended for receiving help from other ThemeHouse customers, and official support from the ThemeHouse team is not guaranteed here. If you require urgent support is his highly recommended that you Create a Ticket with the relevant information.

That seems very strange to me, one of the reasons you would go to a forum is to see if other people have the same problem as yourself, and any response (especially from the developer).

If the developer does not supply answers in the forum, all it mans you then have to raise a ticket that may well be a duplicate of someoene else's ticket, which wastes everyone's time. If the answer had been sitting there in the discussion there would be no need for the ticket, the delay of getting it answered and the developers' time in answering a duplicate ticket.

NB: I have also found the support from this company (regarding other addons), both in the forum and via ticket, to be less than ideal. I do also have this addon, which I got when it was from Waindigo, and am not looking forward to the possibility of either now having to pay for something my forum members have got used to or having to uninstall it and hope they don't mind too much. I don't mind paying for good addons and support, but when you install something thinking it is free, it doesn't seem right to me that subsequently a charge is suddenly slapped on it.

Nop, I do not want any more your help.
As I said, I uninstall this addon.
Maybe you have more and more addons in time, but you have less and less people trust.
You lost mine.
It is luck that I had 2 yours addons, and now just one is still installed on my server, and working OK, maybe because it is not come to you from another developer.

Sorry Jake, but I have doubt in your company long time ago, since you took Waindigo addon's and put price for addons that was free in past. I took time to see how you will be swim in all of that, and I saw that people more and more complain for bugs and not responding to their questions.

Yesterday I take a wrong step and decide to buy one addon from you, but luck was on my side because it costs 10 dollars.

But, my friend, even if addon cost single penny, you have to take care for your customers, and more important for your future customers. All you do is take care for some of your top addons and styles, and for others you give little or no time for fixing bugs, or listen buyers thoughts/questions.

You will have to work on your goodwill, because it is going down, and you can see that in addon threads on this forum.
Point is not in 10 dollars, or 1 penny, or even 1000 dollars, point is in trust between buyer and seller.
There is couple of trusted sellers here on xenforo, and your company is not, at least in my eyes.
Probably you will not lose any value from my not-buying decision, but if you take same relationship to other customers in future, you will lose a lot, money and reputation.

This is my thoughts, and for me, I am over and out from this thread.

Hi @Sunka , firstly I am very sorry to see that support was delayed on this occasion. You did the right thing in submitting a support ticket when we didn't reply right away here, as Jake mentioned we endeavour to reply here when possible but replied can and do sometimes get missed as such we recommend submitting a ticket for any urgent queries. Unfortunately, reviewing the ticket, there was a delay in getting back to you on this as we were investigating this internally to attempt to replicate the issue; a courtesy message to confirm that or to request additional details would likely have gone a long way here as such I apologise for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused.

I will contact you shortly via your ticket with us as well, I completely understand that this has left a bad taste and would like to at least try and put this right for you.

That seems very strange to me, one of the reasons you would go to a forum is to see if other people have the same problem as yourself, and any response (especially from the developer).

If the developer does not supply answers in the forum, all it mans you then have to raise a ticket that may well be a duplicate of someoene else's ticket, which wastes everyone's time. If the answer had been sitting there in the discussion there would be no need for the ticket, the delay of getting it answered and the developers' time in answering a duplicate ticket.

NB: I have also found the support from this company (regarding other addons), both in the forum and via ticket, to be less than ideal. I do also have this addon, which I got when it was from Waindigo, and am not looking forward to the possibility of either now having to pay for something my forum members have got used to or having to uninstall it and hope they don't mind too much. I don't mind paying for good addons and support, but when you install something thinking it is free, it doesn't seem right to me that subsequently a charge is suddenly slapped on it.

Hi @Mr Lucky , a fair and valid point - in many instances peer-to-peer support is gained when a customer replies on one of the threads, where a response is specifically required from us, particularly if a reply is needed sooner than later, we do prefer a ticket so that we can ensure this is escalated internally as needed and to ensure this doesn't get missed.

We can likely work with you in regard to getting an updated version of the add-on if this is needed, you're welcome to drop in a ticket FAO myself and I'll see what can be done there. Unfortunately we weren't able to keep all add-ons free due to the amount of time required to actively develop and maintain these, we released many as open source add-ons for that exact reason.

So, after several days from my request for support, addon finally working without clashing with another addon. In first place, there is not bug in this addon but in another one from another developer.
I have to say that guys from Audentio and Theme House company , especially @Mike Creuzer and @kylerc are deserved that I again have faith in their company.
It was quick fix, just couple of code, but timeline from discovered bug to fix it, is not short and that is not what is should be if company want to make and keep good reputation.
On the end, bug is fixed, and I hope that future questions and suggestions that I will post here, in this forum, will be noticed and answered.
And now, I am going to write another review for this addon, but now it will be positive. :)

So, after several days from my request for support, addon finally working without clashing with another addon. In first place, there is not bug in this addon but in another one from another developer.
I have to say that guys from Audentio and Theme House company , especially @Mike Creuzer and @kylerc are deserved that I again have faith in their company.
It was quick fix, just couple of code, but timeline from discovered bug to fix it, is not short and that is not what is should be if company want to make and keep good reputation.
On the end, bug is fixed, and I hope that future questions and suggestions that I will post here, in this forum, will be noticed and answered.
And now, I am going to write another review for this addon, but now it will be positive. :)
Thank you very much! We very much appreciate the extra faith!

After some days playing with this addon on my forum, few new bugs discovered, and some suggestions.

Bugs:

• Alert for reply on hotspot is missing phrase. Nothing is show.

bug.webp

• Some strange simbols shows in editor in Aligment part (click bellow to start video)

• When created node Map. Style for this on forum list is ugly. It not follow all classes. Node map page on forum list shoud look same as other forum nodes. So style is uncomplete.

Suggestions:

• Make clickable category icons on main page of hotspots, so when user click on category image, only hotspots from that category shows on map. That required to add new icon for All hotspots.

12-10-57.webp

• Enable permission for edit webpage link enable/disable

• Add alert for new hotspot

Last edited:
ThemeHouse updated [TH] Hotspots with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.3a Released

Hey @ThemeHouse ,

I love that simple and sleek addon - but what it is really lacking of is, to upload images (instead of linking) or - even better - to have an option to create/use an album in the XF media gallery. It´s so obvious, that I was wondering how this could be neglected ;)

Is there any chance you could implement the one or the other option?

You have my ticket from Sep 19th, 2016
Ticket ID: #5251
https://www.themehouse.com/customer/tickets/5251

Transaction ID: 1EN66119M97499112

Found the transaction, will get product added asap.

Hey @ThemeHouse ,

I love that simple and sleek addon - but what it is really lacking of is, to upload images (instead of linking) or - even better - to have an option to create/use an album in the XF media gallery. It´s so obvious, that I was wondering how this could be neglected ;)

Is there any chance you could implement the one or the other option?

Hmm I do not quite understand. If it is indeed obvious then I apologize in advance. :P

Hmm I do not quite understand. If it is indeed obvious then I apologize in advance. :p

Let me be your muse, @Mike Creuzer ;)

When creating a hotspot a user has the opportunity to link an image in his post via the xf editor or via a hotspot-field, configured in the hotspot settings. That´s a bit ..erm..unhandy when you - for example - have taken pictures of a trip, on your computer and you want to show them on the detail page of the hotspot, so everyone can see how nice the place is you are adding to the map. You don´t want your users to be forced to use upload-plattforms, they are not familiar with or to interrupt their creative workflow with such additional and odd tasks. Instead you want them to be productive, you want to encourage them to feel ease of usage, the love the coders put into the hotspot addon, so they are eager to engage even more with your forums and all the other users.

So, why not giving them the ability to upload images directly into that post - from their computer, smartphone or tablet into the forums - after taken the shot? Without any hassle, via XFMG albums users can create (like seen for example in GFN Classifieds or in Showcase) or as an attachement, that is being displayed right on the detail page of the hotspot.

Can you hear me ? ;)

Hi,

I'm interested in buying this addon, but from the demo version on the website I can't see or test how a user would add a hotspot. How is that done?

Hello @Arno

Sorry to hear you had some issues navigating our demo forum as I took alook at the issue you were having as I was able to fix the issue with the abilities. When you login to the demo forum go to the Hotspots tab. After going there, there should be a Create New Hotspot button beside the Create New Thread button on the top right side corner. If you have any issues or questions do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the quick reply, not sure why I missed that button. I was looking around the map. Works well and I think the addon will meet my needs.

Thanks for the quick reply, not sure why I missed that button. I was looking around the map. Works well and I think the addon will meet my needs.
Not a problem, glad you like the product! Please let us know if you need any help setting it up or would like to suggest future features.

Suggestions:

• Make clickable category icons on main page of hotspots, so when user click on category image, only hotspots from that category shows on map. That required to add new icon for All hotspots.

I second this. Definitly needed.
Let me be your muse, @Mike Creuzer ;)

When creating a hotspot a user has the opportunity to link an image in his post via the xf editor or via a hotspot-field, configured in the hotspot settings. That´s a bit ..erm..unhandy when you - for example - have taken pictures of a trip, on your computer and you want to show them on the detail page of the hotspot, so everyone can see how nice the place is you are adding to the map. You don´t want your users to be forced to use upload-plattforms, they are not familiar with or to interrupt their creative workflow with such additional and odd tasks. Instead you want them to be productive, you want to encourage them to feel ease of usage, the love the coders put into the hotspot addon, so they are eager to engage even more with your forums and all the other users.

So, why not giving them the ability to upload images directly into that post - from their computer, smartphone or tablet into the forums - after taken the shot? Without any hassle, via XFMG albums users can create (like seen for example in GFN Classifieds or in Showcase) or as an attachement, that is being displayed right on the detail page of the hotspot.

Can you hear me ? ;)
I spread the love and in return you wrap yourself in silence like a mermaid, @Mike Creuzer ? Hey, that wasn´t the deal ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom