[TH] Attachments Plus [Deleted]

Lucas, I'm here to thanks for your work again, but i have a important suggestion to make.

Since the official attachments manager from XF is not a great tool to deal with the massive amount of attachments, would be possible to implement in this add-on a feature to batch update the attachments? Like the complete purge of then, mass removal and so long?

I'm in a hard point in my server since there is so much space used by attachments, specially images.

And of course, buying the Image Optimizer would be a great help in the future, right? Specially in terms of performance?

Lucas, I'm here to thanks for your work again, but i have a important suggestion to make.

Since the official attachments manager from XF is not a great tool to deal with the massive amount of attachments, would be possible to implement in this add-on a feature to batch update the attachments? Like the complete purge of then, mass removal and so long?

I'm in a hard point in my server since there is so much space used by attachments, specially images.

Let me look into what we could do/offer here and I'll get back to you in a bit.

And of course, buying the Image Optimizer would be a great help in the future, right? Specially in terms of performance?

Definitely. The actual percentage varies based on the images and service you use, but you'll save space regardless of which method you chose in the end.

be nice if this had an editor use tool.....feels like one too many extra steps to have to go into profile area repost an attachment in a different topic....

regards

be nice if this had an editor use tool.....feels like one too many extra steps to have to go into profile area repost an attachment in a different topic....

regards

Interesting suggestion, allow me to pass this along to our team of developers to see if this would deem ideal for this add-on and its current features. I'll let you know what I find out :)

regards
We don't have it in the editor but to make it a bit easier for our members we changed the 'trash can' delete icon to be a 'copy & paste' command instead with images wrapped in a IMG tag and non-images wrapped in an ATTACH tag. This is for when a person is viewing their own attachments in their account settings but could be applied to the Profile tab just as well. If this might help, I can post the template change.

1587073922542.webp

We don't have it in the editor but to make it a bit easier for our members we changed the 'trash can' delete icon to be a 'copy & paste' command instead with images wrapped in a IMG tag and non-images wrapped in an ATTACH tag. This is for when a person is viewing their own attachments in their account settings but could be applied to the Profile tab just as well. If this might help, I can post the template change.

View attachment 222758

i see....so, about like xfmg defaults.....it is an improve i would have to say.....however....

we feel the xfmg has the same problem where people have to nav away back and forth multiple times... or else open 2 tabs and nav around the one hunting links while pasting in the other.....

xfmg, actually has an editor insert tool, it is painfully oversimple tho.....ultimately we want to see options for all these types of image use......thumbnail, gallery framed embed, fullsize what have you....right in the place where people need to see that option, in the editor...and with proper pagination or search(which xfmg lacks) to find the images ppl are looking for and wanting to use...

i saw another addon actually has this functionality, but this is the one we have lic for so hoping it can be worked in...

we use/embed images heavily so it is important for us to see this one done well....
thank you for the offer all the same kevin :)

.ultimately we want to see options for all these types of image use
Well, so do we but while waiting for any possible feature changes from the vendor we're doing any 'low hanging fruit' items we can to make it easier for our members; providing a quick & easy way to copy a predefined BB code to the clipboard was pretty effortless but made some people happy versus the manual steps they had to do before.

Well, so do we but while waiting for any possible feature changes from the vendor we're doing any 'low hanging fruit' items we can to make it easier for our members; providing a quick & easy way to copy a predefined BB code to the clipboard was pretty effortless but made some people happy versus the manual steps they had to do before.

as things stand now, for us, i dont think people really go into there very much atm, or even know it exists lol.....we are considering to try the other addon with editor tool, over customizing this one atm tho, if forced a choice....however being broke and the apocalypse and all that, i guess well just wait to hear the verdict here and hope for good news.....might have to do what we can but dang that never feels very satisfying you know? lol...thanks again...

regards

1. Is there a way to only limit maximum attachment disc space in forum but not in resource manager.
2. If some user already has more attachment space used than the new set limit what will happen?

eg.. user already use 200MB, i install the plugin and set the max limit to 50MB since i can not bump the forum wide attachment disc space limit just for 1 user.

1. Is there a way to only limit maximum attachment disc space in forum but not in resource manager.
I don't recall if the resource manager is using the attachment system to store versions, but provided it does, then no.

2. If some user already has more attachment space used than the new set limit what will happen?
Nothing directly. They won't be able to upload any new attachments until they've cleared enough space, just as if they would've received their attachment limit by uploading.

I have this addon installed on my forums, and it seems to be working as intended for my site members except for me specifically. My attachment list contains tons of other peoples' attachments, not just mine.

My client is very interested in this, but the question is this: Does this also restrict uploads to the XFMG as well?

I have this addon installed on my forums, and it seems to be working as intended for my site members except for me specifically. My attachment list contains tons of other peoples' attachments, not just mine.
Interesting issue I will say. If you are alright with it I'd like to investigate that further. Please create a ticket on our support portal so that I can take a deeper look, please? :)

My client is very interested in this, but the question is this: Does this also restrict uploads to the XFMG as well?

Not at this time, no.

Stupid question time.. (Did you miss me? 🤭)

Does this just allow for the management of attachments in posts, or does it grab them from everywhere that attachments are used including conversations, profile posts, and potentially third-party addons?

Thanks.

Stupid question time.. (Did you miss me? 🤭)

Does this just allow for the management of attachments in posts, or does it grab them from everywhere that attachments are used including conversations, profile posts, and potentially third-party addons?

Thanks.
By default, it grabs them from anywhere that are using attachments (including threads) although as far as thirty-party add-ons, I'd have to check with our developers on this.

This addon is throwing up slow queries. Can anything be done to optimise it, please?
[Edit : I'm having to disable the addon until this is fixed.]

Last edited:
Top Bottom