[TH] Holidays

[TH] Holidays 2.1.3

No permission to download
It’s not an addon that is actively worked on in any way, it is considered feature complete and stable so is available as-is. It will likely be updated for 2.3 if it needs any updates, but other than that it probably won’t receive any, primarily because it doesn’t need any.

I like it. (y)

It took a minute to figure out the relationship between relevant screens but once it clicked, it was simple. I'll be tinkering with a way to call the effects onto a page with a screen call of some sort. 🤔

Probably been addressed but can this be turned off for nodes / threads and only show the effects (like snow falling) for the forum listing and new posts page?

Nothing we can do in the CSS to specify only on forum list and new posts? Not a deal breaker (I just installed this and the members reacted sh

I was just looking into a check for the template in the LESS template, but just remembered it's actually output on the HTML tag as a class, so edit the thholidays_snowstorm.less template and change it to this:

Code:
.template-forum_list,
.template-whats_new_posts {
    .js-thHolidaysSnowstormCanvas {
        position: fixed;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;
        pointer-events: none;
        z-index: 100000;
    }
}

You'd then need to add another selector with the template name (template-forum_list and template-whats_new_posts) if you wanted to enable it on any other views.

The only other issue...when I use your code, I get a new scroll bar for the width but there is nothing extra to scroll as far as I can tell.

whats_new_posts is the template for the new posts page.

Also there's nothing in that code that would add a new scrollbar, it's just scoping the original CSS to only be applied when it's on a page with those template classes. It's probably

Just noticed it'll leave a large space at the bottom of the page on pages without the effect - change the template to this:

Code:
    display: none;
}
.template-forum_list,
.template-whats_new_posts {
        display: block;
        position: fixed;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;
        pointer-events: none;
        z-index: 100000;
    }
}

That fixed the scroll bar, perfect. But I'm still stumped a bit on the actual page its not showing up on lol.

If I click our site logo, that goes to our homepage which is just new posts (but not whats new). No snow there but snow DOES show up on the forum list and the whats new page.

What's your forum URL? I can check the template. Or if you inspect the page with developer tools or view the page source, you'll be able to see the template class:

1702494828988.webp1702494862461.webp

As my example targets it by class name, make sure you have the . at the start of each class name.

Last edited:
This add-on doesn't seem to work on tablets or phones. Is this as intended or am I missing a setting?

Top Bottom