[TH] Forum List Tabs [Deleted]

Is this the intention?
I've had the same problem. I've too many categories to allow the use of this addon and I really don't know how to get out from this situation. Maybe the suggestion to edit the CSS of the categories to make them smaller is a good one but I don't know how to do...

I've had the same problem. I've too many categories to allow the use of this addon and I really don't know how to get out from this situation. Maybe the suggestion to edit the CSS of the categories to make them smaller is a good one but I don't know how to do...
The best way is probably to make new parent categories and sort your forums in that way.

It's a nice add-on. The only problem I have is that if you use the tabs, there is no notification of where new posts have been made in the categories. You either have to use the Forums -> What's New or go into each tab to look. Been trying to figure out how to style the tabs to reflect if they have new posts in the nodes under them, but doesn't look like it will be possible with just CSS styling.

It's a nice add-on. The only problem I have is that if you use the tabs, there is no notification of where new posts have been made in the categories. You either have to use the Forums -> What's New or go into each tab to look. Been trying to figure out how to style the tabs to reflect if they have new posts in the nodes under them, but doesn't look like it will be possible with just CSS styling.
Wasn't aware of this problem. I'll look into it.

Wasn't aware of this problem. I'll look into it.
I'll be the first to admit I'm still a newbie when it comes to styling - so it may be possible via CSS. Normally I can figure it out using Chrome and finding the appropriate tags - bu so far I haven't been successful in doing anything for the new. I have been able to modify some of the other styling aspects tho'. The more I play with it, the better I like it and it will be ideal once the "New posts" is figured out. :D

It's always nice when people want to contribute to an add-on, but what you are talking about sounds like a lot more work than $10 as it is pretty much a completely different add-on. The whole purpose of this add-on is that the node category IS the tab name! If you're able to contribute more than $10, then please drop me a PM.
How much are still needed? I would gladly contribute a bit for this to come true, but why would it be another addon?

This mod conflicts with the toggleME addon in a really strange fashion, when Node categories in forumhome is turned on. But then, their use conflict so you really can only have one or the other:

sEH9oox.png

How much are still needed? I would gladly contribute a bit for this to come true, but why would it be another addon?
I think I misunderstood the original request. If it is just a case of showing a different name than the name of the node, then this would be a very simple addition. Please PM me if you would like to make a contribution.

What does the Group Tabs feature do? I tried tinkering with it but it didn't really change anything.
Try take the node id of one of your category id´s (fx 2) and type into the field groups tab of one of your others categoeries (fx 4). All forums in category 2 are now shown together with forums in category 4, but only the tab for category 4 is shown.

What does the Group Tabs feature do? I tried tinkering with it but it didn't really change anything.
Sorry, I didn't actually code this add-on, so just had to tinker about with it myself and confirm, but Henrik is exactly right. So once it is possible to rename the tabs, this will be more useful I can imagine.

The original code was bought from Smiggy in order that it could be released here for free. I hate to see useful add-ons not being released! The original code is by Robbo, although it has been modified slightly.

So once it is possible to rename the tabs, this will be more useful I can imagine.

Can't wait for this to happen.

I also recognized that on some themes it was working while on others it wasn't. For example, it would just show the first category, and no tabs. So there is no way users can actually see the whole forum list.

I also recognized that on some themes it was working while on others it wasn't. For example, it would just show the first category, and no tabs. So there is no way users can actually see the whole forum list.
Best to speak to whoever created the theme. It will probably just need a bit of custom CSS to get it to work.

Call me a idiot but i don't want all my categories in the tabs at the top of the forum i want to be able to choose what i want.You say add the number of groups to the categories you want listed below but this turn the categories into forums.How do you exactly do this any chance of a video or a step step dummy guide lol

Is there any way to get it as easy as the mybb tab system i dont mind if you need me to donate either as i would love to be able to use this

http://mods.mybb.com/view/mytabs

Top Bottom