[TH] Forum List Tabs [Deleted]

Its taking a very long time to create another Category forum for using the forum layout.

Whenever I try I get the message
This is unlikely to be caused by this add-on. Does this still happen if other add-ons are disabled (i.e. Nodes As Tabs)?

This is unlikely to be caused by this add-on. Does this still happen if other add-ons are disabled (i.e. Nodes As Tabs)?
Well, after doing more research - it appears its the permission-setup I'm running. Indirectly it was the forum layout ... because the tabs make it look better, I created more forums and added more permissions - which in turn has increased the creation of categories and the time it takes.

Disabling the addon didn't help - it was just the motivator to have more cats/forums. Thanks for the reply :)

Well, after doing more research - it appears its the permission-setup I'm running. Indirectly it was the forum layout ... because the tabs make it look better, I created more forums and added more permissions - which in turn has increased the creation of categories and the time it takes.

Disabling the addon didn't help - it was just the motivator to have more cats/forums. Thanks for the reply :)
No problem. Glad you figured it out.

Waindigo updated Forum List Tabs by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 released

New features:
  • If enabled in options, a logged in user can now select whether or not they wish to view the forum list in tabbed view or standard view.
  • If enabled in options, category view pages can also be shown it tabbed view.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed bug that error appears if there are no nodes.
  • Tabbed view is disabled if there are any nodes that are not categories at the first level.

Read the rest of this update entry...

First you need to enable the option in the ACP:
fltoptions.webp

Then it should appear on your forum list page:
forumview.webp

First you need to enable the option in the ACP:

I have done that, do I need to look at some permissions or something? The previous version was working but this one isn't.

It's enabled as you can see in the screenshot below.

tabsenabled.webp

As you can see, they are not put into tabs, neither is the option displayed.

screenshottabsnods.webp

I have done that, do I need to look at some permissions or something? The previous version was working but this one isn't.

It's enabled as you can see in the screenshot below.

View attachment 42619

As you can see, they are not put into tabs, neither is the option displayed.

View attachment 42618
Do you have any forums that are not in a category or something like that? Also, I see an orange bar at the top of your screenshot... what is that?

Would help if I could actually see your site.

Do you have any forums that are not in a category or something like that? Also, I see an orange bar at the top of your screenshot... what is that?

Would help if I could actually see your site.

It was one of the forums that were outside a category that was causing the problem. The orange bar was the live streams template.

The problem seems to be fixed, it would be cool to have the toggle feature skin specific.

This addon continues to revolutionize the way I install communities.

Do have another question, though. May sites have private, staff-only forums. It would be nice to organize these under a tab . . . but would all users see the tab, even if they could not see the enclosed forums. If not, are permissions-based tabs something you'd be willing to include in the future?

Do have another question, though. May sites have private, staff-only forums. It would be nice to organize these under a tab . . . but would all users see the tab, even if they could not see the enclosed forums. If not, are permissions-based tabs something you'd be willing to include in the future?

I think tabs are very much like categories, so if they can't see the category they shouldn't see the tab. (Most likely)

I think tabs are very much like categories, so if they can't see the category they shouldn't see the tab. (Most likely)
As far as I know, this is the case.

Tried working with this... but found a big problem....
when I click on a category - to switch to it... and then enter a subforum in that category...
if next -- I click on the breadcrumb-bar to return to the category - this does NOT work -- and takes me to
the forums -- showing all categories -- and the one I click on -- is NOT what I've been placed into...
hmmmm.... help!

PS: this also happens at your demo -- http://waindigo.com

Top Bottom