[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
Hi,
Just wondering if it possible to change the URL: index.php?featured

To: index.php?home

Would prefer to use this as a home page.

Thanks

The bug i reported on Dec 5th 2019 still has not been fixed.

i would not recommend any addons from themehouse

they care more about money, than customer service

i will never use another themehouse addon again

The bug i reported on Dec 5th 2019 still has not been fixed.

i would not recommend any addons from themehouse

they care more about money, than customer service

i will never use another themehouse addon again
I think that's maybe a little bit harsh. I too did not have a bug addressed by this addon in the latest release, despite some personal assurance that it would be. That said, the customer service of TH has always been some of the best of any developer on XF, and they've always responded to my questions and complaints, which is why i use like 10+ of their addons in my main production site. I messaged them about my display bug in this addon that got overlooked and we were able to come up with a solution that while wasn't 100% it was enough to resolve the issue in my mind until the next release. I'd suggest getting in contact with them before completely writing them off.

Is it possible to use a background picture, that I upload to feature a thread to use as og:image?
I mean is it possible that featured threads would automatically have that meta og:image?
Some kind of modification in thread_view template, kind of "if thread is featured then replace og:image content to FT background image.
That would be so cool...

Actually I need it more for Twitter. I can see that threads head already have twitter:title & twitter:description . So all that needs is to add twitter:card & twitter:image metas.

So what would be conditional to check if a thread is featured?

I guess I figured it out. Put in the thread_view the following code and everything works! 🕺

Code:
<xf:if is="{{ $thread.THFeature.getFeatureBackgroundUrl(true) }}">
<xf:head option="someoption"><meta name="twitter:card" content="summary_large_image"></xf:head>
<xf:head option="someoptiontwo"><meta name="twitter:image" content="{$thread.THFeature.getFeatureBackgroundUrl(true)}"></xf:head>
</xf:if>

Oops... Just noticed bunch of

Server error log
  • ErrorException: Template error: Cannot call method getFeatureBackgroundUrl on a non-object (NULL)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:984
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Jul 6, 2020 at 6:29 AM
Something is wrong with my code... Any help?

Oops... Just noticed bunch of

Server error log
  • ErrorException: Template error: Cannot call method getFeatureBackgroundUrl on a non-object (NULL)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:984
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Jul 6, 2020 at 6:29 AM
Something is wrong with my code... Any help?

Better open a support ticket, otherwise you spamming here and others get notifications.

They do have a ticket system on their website and are much quicker to respond there than they are here.
eat some fruits, dude. a ticket is opened, but the last time I opened a support ticket with them I was waiting a week for their answer. so this time I also asked a community for help. Or I had to ask for your permission?

eat some fruits, dude. a ticket is opened, but the last time I opened a support ticket with them I was waiting a week for their answer. so this time I also asked a community for help. Or I had to ask for your permission?
You don't need to be rude mate. If I'm not wrong here isn't the best place to ask questions regarding forum issues or problems, you can ask for advice on main forum.Regarding their ticket system, they seems to be quick on replying them, and I can't complain here.

You don't need to be rude mate.
You find it rude, when I tell you that you have no right to tell me what I can & what I can't? ) Call it whatever you want, I don't care.
P.S. you don't want others to get notifications, about posts not related to featured threads add-on, huh?
P.P.S. ever heard of watchman syndrome?

the attitude isn't necessary. we're actually trying to help you and you're kinda being a jerk about it. at no point did you mention you'd already opened a ticket with them, and since we're not psychic, we presented the logical solution.

actually trying to help

then you probably should try to help with what I'm asking for. True or false? )
have a correct code? you are welcome to help.
can't help with code? then may be there is a reason to ask yourself what needs or desires drives you to communicate with me?

then you probably should try to help with what I'm asking for. True or false? )
have a correct code? you are welcome to help.
can't help with code? then may be there is a reason to ask yourself what needs or desires drives you to communicate with me?
I actually could help you with that code, but frankly you sound like a real jerk, so I'm not going to bother. I feel sorry for the support person that has to deal with you.

Thank goodness for the ignore function :P

Top Bottom