[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
One thing I spent a few minutes trying to figure out: How do I ditch that filter block on the left?

If you edit the thfeature_featured_index template you can remove the following lines:

Code:
<xf:sidenav>
    {$filtersHtml|raw}
</xf:sidenav>

Also, how to control how many featured slots in the grid widget? I only require three for example.

In Appearance -> Widgets you can set a limit

For some reason I'm unable to get first post article format?

Options -> [TH] Featured Threads and Content: Threads, just tick "Show first post at top of all pages in thread"

Nor are there any reply options to test Post Comments?

Are you referring to this add-on?

If you edit the thfeature_featured_index template you can remove the following lines:

Code:
<xf:sidenav>
    {$filtersHtml|raw}
</xf:sidenav>

Worked great, didn't know if there was an official way to do that currently.

In Appearance -> Widgets you can set a limit

Bah, must have glossed over this.

Options -> [TH] Featured Threads and Content: Threads, just tick "Show first post at top of all pages in thread"

Alright, may be useful to add a note this is required because normally I would probably just prefer the comments to flow like a typical thread after the first post.

Okay. I'm sold, I'll buy it later this evening. I would like to get more message display styles that more resemble what was available on XPress.

EDIT: Okay, I see how you can use the Icon as the Preview image but this is still more like an avatar than an article thumbnail.

Last edited:
Another question, when article view is enabled, how are we supposed to edit the first post without disabling article view? With XPress there was a couple of edit buttons.

This is fixed in 1.0.0 Patch Level 1 :)
Fantastic as usual.

The only missing element for me is making the actual submissions appear more like a news/blog submission. Would like to see the image being the main component, with some text below or on the side like XPress's List and Masonry options:

I realize you're working within the constraint of the existing thread 'post' format, but perhaps you can make something new or twist that into what XPress currently offers which is more inline with what I had in mind anyway.

@Jake B. Everything is working without problems. I've tried a rebuild and after that a new re-upload and rebuild. But still the same.

So, waiting for 1.0.1 and don't look in acp.. ;)

Actually, just had a look - The initial 1.0.0 release didn't reference the icon file either so we must've just forgotten to do that from the start :)

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Featured Threads and Content with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 Released

Features:
  • Ability for users with the appropriate permissions to dismiss features from displaying in widgets
    • Also comes with an option on widgets to bypass this and display them regardless of whether they've been dismissed
  • Accepts forum context on widgets so it will only show threads from a specific forum when placed in a valid widget location that contains support for the context

Read the rest of this update entry...

Our XF2 addon plan has retired a while ago and was replaced by our XF2 Essential Suite. New products we released since, are not included (such as Topics, Monetize, and now Featured Threads and Content), most of which can be seen in your screenshot already. I've updated the page to match that.

I was never informed of the changes to the plan I purchased along time ago and paid for month to month on the marketed promise I would get access to all XF2 Addons from Themehouse.
I am very disappointed with no communication and very misleading marketing.

Month after month of payment... No email about changes to the plan, you just kept taking out the money.

16 Months of payments = USD239.20 and you take out addons from the plan... what a waste of money for my community which runs on donations.
Now to save us money, I need to cancel this plan and then spend even more money to purchase individual addons that we need.

I am so upset at this... you advertised all addons then change your mind. You have done the wrong thing by your customers.

Last edited:
I agree with you all on the price. We will lower the price to $59.95 when I get back from my trip. I'll retroactively apply that change in price to all who purchased.

The 50% coupon I was keeping for a year I think for anyone who owned Brogan's add-on. Wasn't too worried about that.
why is the price back to $80 now?

Top Bottom