[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

The category I had the rating stars under was no longer there. I recreated and they all automatically moved back under it. But it does not display anymore. I'm pretty sure all the old ratings were lost as well.

The category I had the rating stars under was no longer there. I recreated and they all automatically moved back under it. But it does not display anymore. I'm pretty sure all the old ratings were lost as well.
Custom Fields are no longer ordered by category in the ACP but they still exist. You will only have lost ratings if you failed to rebuild caches. It may not be too late to do this if the posts haven't been edited.

These are the only options we have now.

View attachment 60539
Please read my post above. This is not where it was before and is not where you will find it now. Nothing has been changed, it has just been merged.

Ok, the setting is "viewable on information block". It shows if the ratings are redone. Somehow since RC1 our ratings got wiped out.

Somehow since RC1 our ratings got wiped out.
This is kind of impossible. I am looking into it now, but I really can't see how that could have happened because everything would have been merged when you first installed the RM update. Are you sure that you rebuilt the cache after the previous update and that the values weren't lost at an earlier point?

Yep, I waited to update the RM till you released this update and did what was stated in the instructions. I'm not to worried about it since it works now. Luckily we hadn't done much since we were waiting for the RM update.

Yep, I waited to update the RM till you released this update and did what was stated in the instructions. I'm not to worried about it since it works now. Luckily we hadn't done much since we were waiting for the RM update.
If this updated caused all fields to disappear, then probably the next update will do the same, so it is kinda important. Somewhere there is a bug that is causing custom field values to be deleted -- that is not a good thing.

Have you tried rebuilding caches again?

I Just re-ran the RC1 import script and rebuilt and reran the 1.3.0a import script and I no longer have those options listed in the attachment above. So something must have went screwy went I update prior.

You no longer have these options:
untitled-jpg.60539

?

That sounds like it hasn't finished rebuilding the template cache after re-upgrading the add-on.

Ok. Now go to Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches and rebuild both the Resource Category and Resource caches.

Did that already. They are back and everything is working now. Something must have went wrong with the import and the cache the first time.

Ok now that they are back it shows in two places. It seems you have no choice but to show it on one of the four listed locations listed in the attachment. Even if you select "Viewable on information block". So it needs a fifth option to not display.

Last edited:
Next silly question, @Waindigo - How easy would it be to allow a thumbnail image to be uploaded using your custom fields?

Next silly question, @Waindigo - How easy would it be to allow a thumbnail image to be uploaded using your custom fields?
The functionality is already there, although I haven't released my version of the field itself because I don't quite like it yet.

Top Bottom