["materialized_order"] => int(1)
["field_type"] => string(7) "textbox"
["field_choices"] => string(6) "a:0:{}"
["match_type"] => string(4) "none"

Last edited:
Jon W updated Custom Fields by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 2.1.0 released

New features:
  • Added option to "Only allow single selection in search for multiselect/checkboxes". If enabled, a select menu or radio buttons will be displayed in the search form instead of a multi-select menu or checkboxes, respectively, allowing for only a single value to be searched at once.
  • Added option to "Allow partial matches for textboxes and textareas in search". Enabling this option will allow users to search for part of the value of a custom field.
  • Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After update to 2.1.0 I am getting the following error when trying to "Search Resources"
Fatal error: Call to undefined method XFCP_Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenResource_Model_ResourceField::getUserFieldChoices() in /httpdocs/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenResource/Model/ResourceField.php on line 127

Just saw that I get the same error message if I try to edit any resource field in ACP.

The update to 2.1.0 was done using the Install&Upgrade AddOn (v1.1.3). Meanwhile I also tried the traditional way (uploaded files via ftp, installed xml). Result is still the same :(

Any ideas ?

@Jon W I've found that when searching any of our checkbox or radio button-based custom fields, via the "quick search" dropdown, it always displays an empty result set, even when there are confirmed matches that should appear. Drop-down selection works fine though. ....

Edit: In fact since updated to latest version it appears when a checkbox is searched on, via quick search drop down, this error is generated:

Code:
ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Search/Helper/CustomField.php:42
Generated By: paul, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Search/Helper/CustomField.php(42): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/talkbass/...', 42, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php(29): Waindigo_CustomFields_Search_Helper_CustomField::getTypeConstraintsFromInput(Object(XenForo_Input), Array, 'thread')
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(208): Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post->getTypeConstraintsFromInput(Object(XenForo_Input))
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/Waindigo/Search/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(83): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionSearch()
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenES/Proxy/ControllerSearch.php(30): Waindigo_Search_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionSearch()
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenES_Proxy_ControllerSearch->actionSearch()
#6 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/talkbass/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(38) "https://www.talkbass.com/search/search"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(7) {
["keywords"] => string(0) ""
["users"] => string(0) ""
["date"] => string(0) ""
["nodes"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(3) "126"
}
["custom_fields"] => array(3) {
["strings"] => string(0) ""
["lefty"] => array(1) {
["Yes"] => string(3) "Yes"
}
["state"] => string(0) ""
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(4) {
[0] => string(7) "strings"
[1] => string(8) "fretless"
[2] => string(5) "lefty"
[3] => string(5) "state"
}
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Last edited:
@Jon W Here's another similar error. Nobody can search on the checkbox field type.

Code:
ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Search/Helper/CustomField.php:42
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:13 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Search/Helper/CustomField.php(42): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/talkbass/...', 42, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php(29): Waindigo_CustomFields_Search_Helper_CustomField::getTypeConstraintsFromInput(Object(XenForo_Input), Array, 'thread')
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(208): Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post->getTypeConstraintsFromInput(Object(XenForo_Input))
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/Waindigo/Search/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(83): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionSearch()
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenES/Proxy/ControllerSearch.php(30): Waindigo_Search_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionSearch()
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenES_Proxy_ControllerSearch->actionSearch()
#6 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/talkbass/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(37) "http://www.talkbass.com/search/search"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(7) {
["keywords"] => string(0) ""
["users"] => string(0) ""
["date"] => string(0) ""
["nodes"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(3) "126"
}
["custom_fields"] => array(3) {
["strings"] => string(0) ""
["fretless"] => array(1) {
["fretless"] => string(8) "fretless"
}
["state"] => string(0) ""
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(4) {
[0] => string(7) "strings"
[1] => string(8) "fretless"
[2] => string(5) "lefty"
[3] => string(5) "state"
}
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Would be willing to make a healthy donation for the next version with those features of being able to move stuff around above the editor etc like Russ did, I could use this for a project a friend has coming up.
Is this been implemented from 1.2.0? I can't find other notes in more recent changelogs.

zzzz... okay, it's for free then ;-)

okay, another question: is there a performance friendly way to get a thread's custom fields by thread id within my php class?

Thank you.

Just tried to install the xml file in the usual way and it comes back with this error:

Code:
Callback Waindigo_CustomFields_Listener_ContainerAdminParams::containerAdminParams is invalid (Invalid Class).

Just tried to install the xml file in the usual way and it comes back with this error:

Code:
Callback Waindigo_CustomFields_Listener_ContainerAdminParams::containerAdminParams is invalid (Invalid Class).

Ignore that, files had failed to upload. Installing now :)

Just a quick questions.

Im currently using custom user fields which I display under their username.

Using this mod, can other users then search for the content which is in these custom userfields?

Ive installed, but not having much luck at the moment.

I have Exactly a simelar question.
When defining a custom filed for the social Groups, a search Returns nothing :(
How can we search for this fields?
On the Overview Page you write that it is possible to search and that a guide will follow :)

Would be great to guide us.

Erich

Custom Fields are not added in the regular search. If you want to search for it, you must use the extended search and use the search options for custom field.
But before you can do that, in ACP you have to activate the fields for the search. Go in ACP to your custom fields and lookup the last options page. There you will find the option to add the custom field to the search. But as I said, it is not added to the regular Xenforo search, it is an extra one.

Top Bottom