[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Need help please

1. I created a custom thread field and deleted it. But the Value Display HTML template (Please look at the red box in the attachment.) of the field is still showing in new post bits. How to eliminate it.
2. Is there anyway we can have the template for the field showing in the bottom of the message container rather than at the end of the message content( in the place of the green box as shown in the attachment)

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 20
If you need us to support this we could make a premium version of it.

Please also include this in the core.

[TH] Star Rating for Custom Fields (Custom Field XML)
[TH] Date Field for Custom Fields (Custom Field XML)
[TH] Average Rating for Custom Fields (Custom Field XML)
[TH] Upload a File Field for Custom Fields (Custom Field XML)

Would really like the option to edit after the post is made, and allow the multiple choices to come up one after another in commas instead of being stacked. Would happily pay.

Would someone be so kind as to offer a list of features that are needed? If its simple I think we should keep this free. I have no problem with that.

Would someone be so kind as to offer a list of features that are needed? If its simple I think we should keep this free. I have no problem with that.
Good. I believe that any addon that starts out free should remain free, too often I've had it happen that you get an addon that is free, then use it and so your members get to rely on it then it suddenly becomes paid and you are caught between having to pay or upsetting your members. I think it's a very nefarious business practice, pushers give kids free heroin then start charging for it. Well, it's not quite on that level but it's not a very different business model.

However I see nothing wrong with adding a premium version that may have more features or better support. (Although have yet to experience good support from Audentio)

OTOH, I have some free addons, for which I have got good support, and in that case I'm happy to donate from time to time to show my appreciation.

Last edited:
Good. I believe that any addon that starts out free should remain free, too often I've had it happen that you get an addon that is free, then use it and so your members get to rely on it then it suddenly becomes paid and you are caught between having to pay or upsetting your members. I think t's a very nefarious business practice, pushers give kids free heroin then start charging for it. Well, it's not quite on that level but it's not a very different business model.

however I see nothing wrong with adding a premium version that may have more features or better support. (Although have yet to experience good support from Audentio)

OTOH, I have some free addons, for which i have got good support, and in that case 'm happy to donate from time to time to show my appreciation.
Im sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with us, Im happy to rectify that if you want to get in touch. Im not sure what I can do but Id love to hear how we can improve our service. We took on a lot of add-ons, lest they get deleted. This add-on being one of them. Believe it or not, we did it for the community and have made no money lest a few support packages. I knew that if these all went away it would be a huge hole in the community.

Otherwise, our premium add-ons, we support full-time, we actually have 4 people who watch threads here at XenForo.com. Its tough, but we really are doing the best we can.

I've no issues with this turning premium, as long as support is offered.

For me, some of the features I'd like to see implemented if possible:
  • auto purge data from field after X days
  • additional locations
  • fix the issue with selections being removed up custom fields updating

I also have no problem with Premium Addons - but the price is the point that change the things from Yeaah!! to Buuhu... ;)

So, I agree with MattW s suggestions. :)

Please also include this in the core.

[TH] Star Rating for Custom Fields (Custom Field XML)
[TH] Date Field for Custom Fields (Custom Field XML)
[TH] Average Rating for Custom Fields (Custom Field XML)
[TH] Upload a File Field for Custom Fields (Custom Field XML)

Custom thread fields do not show up when you click on "New Posts". Please add this as well. Thanks.

I just tried to use a custom thread field to render an alternative SEO title. I added this code:
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
    <div class="pairsRows secondaryContent">
        <xen:contentcheck>
            <xen:foreach loop="$thread.customFields" key="$groupId" value="$groupCustomFields">
                <xen:foreach loop="$groupCustomFields.fields" key="$fieldId" value="$field">
                    <xen:include template="custom_field_view" />
                </xen:foreach>
            </xen:foreach>
        </xen:contentcheck>
    </div>
</xen:if>
and also just {xen:raw $field.fieldValueHtml}
to my PAGE_CONTAINER template but it doesn`t work in this context.

How can I render the content of a custom thread field in the PAGE_CONTAINER template?

thank you - all the best,
Sacha

Im sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with us, Im happy to rectify that if you want to get in touch. Im not sure what I can do but Id love to hear how we can improve our service. We took on a lot of add-ons, lest they get deleted. This add-on being one of them. Believe it or not, we did it for the community and have made no money lest a few support packages. I knew that if these all went away it would be a huge hole in the community.

Otherwise, our premium add-ons, we support full-time, we actually have 4 people who watch threads here at XenForo.com. Its tough, but we really are doing the best we can.

Well, for a start there is an issue here:

Looks like this is a bug in the current version. It is supposed to display a sidebar block with the statistics. I'll have someone look into this. Sorry for the confusion.

And has anybody looked into it? Or why my post regarding the issue was dismissed with a smilie as if I'm stupid?

Then look into my tickets and you will see that at least two tickets were answered as if the answers were to someone else's tickets. I still can't use that addon on my live site and offer it to potential customers as it just doesn't work. And when I asked for a refund i was told that it wasn't possible. Terrible support and customer service.

And has anybody looked into it? Or why my post regarding the issue was dismissed with a smilie as if I'm stupid?

That was essentially 2 business days ago, we'll get to it as soon as we can. I believe this has been looked at and a fix was made. I'll have to double check and get a release made as soon as possible.

Top Bottom