[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

It is not simply a case of listing some files and saying it is OK to remove these files and not these as it is completely dependent on what other add-ons you have installed. What I have listed is the majority of the files, but there may still be others. So unless you have an add-on keeping track (or keep track yourself) then it will never be a fully clean installation.

As you suggest though, I will be adding this to the FAQ pages, even though it is incomplete.

For what it is worth, whenever you upgrade an add-on, it will probably leave behind redundant files from older versions. Even XenForo itself does this. A version of XenForo that has been upgraded every version since version 1.0.0 will have a lot more files in it than a fresh install at version 1.4.5.

I'm happy to follow XenForo's lead on this.

Edit: I've now added it to the FAQ for every add-on.

Last edited:
@Jon W
Is it possible to have an option custom field is "searchable".

Currently is shows every custom field in advanced search including radio buttons and with 50+ fields this looks lost.

Thank you,

I've just started using XenForo. I am running v1.4.5 and successfully installed Custom Fields by Waindigo 2.1.1. I have added a new custom field variable called 'EPIC' and want to display the output of the 'text' on the Forum page I have also created. After reading the posts here I've tried various combinations of options and settings but can't get any information to display. I've not edited any template code as of yet. Can anyone help me understand what I'm doing wrong? I have provided screenshots of the pages/settings in question.

I have tried looking at the info on the addon but there does not appear to be a clear help document of how to setup a typical variable/display. I'm not really sure what the 'Header Template HTML' / 'Footer Template HTML' does, nothing seems to appear in the 'View source' of a webpage, whatever I type, or the 'Value Display HTML'.

I appreciate I am not fully versed with Xenforo but any help would be appreciated. Thanks

scr1.webp

scr2.webp

scr3.webp

scr4.webp

src5.webp

Further to my post I have managed to get the variable data to show on a new 'Thread', where the header/footer and 'blue panel/notes' area shows up, but I need the information to be available on the 'Forum' / higher level page. Is this possible?

There is a superficial phrasing error in four of the admin templates.

In these templates...
  • waindigo_forum_edit_panes_customfields
  • waindigo_forum_edit_panes_custompostfields
  • waindigo_resource_social_category_edit_panes_customfields
  • waindigo_social_category_edit_panes_customfields
Find the following...
  • {xen:phrase available_fields}
And replace it with this...
  • {xen:phrase waindigo_available_fields_customfields}

Hi,

Can I add a custom field for images (upload and drag and drop)?
Custom fields can be added to only specific nodes as I choose, correct?

Thanks

Hi @Jon W, I'm trying to display PHP call back but it's not showing for some reason, here's my Callback:

Code:
<?php

class MyFields_Callback
{
    public static function callback()
    {
        $visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
        $username = $visitor['username'];
        return $username;
    }
}

This is just an example, I want to print out the username in that field, also how to make un-editable?

Also any guide on how to make Field Type callback?

Thanks in advance. :)

Not 100% sure if others having this issue but noticed the newest version that

Viewable on Forum View

No longer works. Nothing is displayed in the Forum now.

Viewable on Thread View

This works though.

Hello,

I wonder how I can filter threads with custom fields? I created a dropdown field with 2 options and want to show only threads with option 1 or option 2 selected. Is this possible?

Would be nice to filter 2 or more fields at the same time.

This looks great, will definitely donate.

However it seems to be working in that the fields are there when creating a thread, but do not show up in the post.

What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 12.41.52.webp

Apologies if this is written somewhere but is it possible to edit answers in a field once a member has completed and posted the form?

Thank you

Jx

Apologies if this is written somewhere but is it possible to edit answers in a field once a member has completed and posted the form?

Thank you

Jx

No. Unless you use the user group permission allowing them to edit the entire thread, there is no way to edit just the custom field entries. I have requested this addition for sometime but it was never added unfortunately.

Honestly I would be more than willing to pay a premium mod for this for $49.99-$99.99 per 6/12 months but no premium mod is available.

No. Unless you use the user group permission allowing them to edit the entire thread, there is no way to edit just the custom field entries. I have requested this addition for sometime but it was never added unfortunately.
I think it is going to be pretty essential for us,.........

Thank you for the response :)

Jx

Top Bottom