[TH] Credits: Shop [Deleted]

No, I told you node permissions aren't working correctly because of the way XenForo checks these permissions. I also told you that I was looking into a way around this. All non-node based permissions work fine.

Which display order are you referring to?

This has already been fixed for the next release

As has this.

This is what you told me

Hi there,

This is because the credits add-on does not support content permissions due to some issues that were caused by it. We will look into supporting these again.

Jake

All that means to me is that it doesn't work not to be rude But i don't care why it's not working, I just want it to work like it claims to work in your overview.

You claim this all be resolved in the next release when is that? Reading past posts this has been going on a long time .

All that means to me is that it doesn't work not to be rude But i don't care why it's not working, I just want it to work like it claims to work in your overview.

The key part of that quote:

This is because the credits add-on does not support content permissions due to some issues that were caused by it. We will look into supporting these again.

You claim this all be resolved in the next release when is that? Reading past posts this has been going on a long time .

As soon as we're able to resolve the permission issue.

The key part of that quote:

As soon as we're able to resolve the permission issue.
I explained to you that an easy work-around would be to hook into Xenforo's existing framework for user-based permissions, and to remove them upon the item's expiry. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, your add-on is definitely better designed than any other shop-addon I've seen, and is decades better than *******'s. But the fact there's broken functionality that was originally denied as being broken, and the fact I purchased the add-on expecting said functionality, and even suggested a fix (to which I was given a price) doesn't strike well with me at all. I'm a programmer too, I get it, you can't always easily isolate a bug and fix it quickly, but at least note in the add-on that the particular feature in question broken and you're working on it and keep your customers up to date with the progress. As a customer, I feel like this add-on is neglected and that the developers don't care when such things go-on. I really hope you understand where I'm coming from. Your add-on isn't free, and I am paying you to provide what you state. I will gladly continue to buy your add-ons and styles if you handle things with customers better in the future.

I explained to you that an easy work-around would be to hook into Xenforo's existing framework for user-based permissions, and to remove them upon the item's expiry. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, your add-on is definitely better designed than any other shop-addon I've seen, and is decades better than *******'s. But the fact there's broken functionality that was originally denied as being broken, and the fact I purchased the add-on expecting said functionality, and even suggested a fix (to which I was given a price) doesn't strike well with me at all. I'm a programmer too, I get it, you can't always easily isolate a bug and fix it quickly, but at least note in the add-on that the particular feature in question broken and you're working on it and keep your customers up to date with the progress. As a customer, I feel like this add-on is neglected and that the developers don't care when such things go-on. I really hope you understand where I'm coming from. Your add-on isn't free, and I am paying you to provide what you state. I will gladly continue to buy your add-ons and styles if you handle things with customers better in the future.
I agree that this whole add-on, including the core Credits package seems to be completely neglected. I raised a support a ticket which was initially replied to a week ago. It was about a major bug I'm experiencing (users can't transfer credits). Since the first reply, there has been seemingly no effort to resolve the issue. When you shell out for a premium add-on, you expect premium support when there's a problem.

In addition to this, I initiated a conversation with @Jake B. regarding custom work. He responded to this positively at first, then when I followed up with details of the potential work I was completely ignored. That was 9 days ago. Not so much as a 'sorry this isn't something we can do' message.

I must admit I'm pretty disappointed by the customer service I've so far experienced from Audentio, and I'm not normally one to complain at all.

I agree that this whole add-on, including the core Credits package seems to be completely neglected. I raised a support a ticket which was initially replied to a week ago. It was about a major bug I'm experiencing (users can't transfer credits). Since the first reply, there has been seemingly no effort to resolve the issue. When you shell out for a premium add-on, you expect premium support when there's a problem.

In addition to this, I initiated a conversation with @Jake B. regarding custom work. He responded to this positively at first, then when I followed up with details of the potential work I was completely ignored. That was 9 days ago. Not so much as a 'sorry this isn't something we can do' message.

I must admit I'm pretty disappointed by the customer service I've so far experienced from Audentio, and I'm not normally one to complain at all.
I honestly feel with as many problems as I've had with this addon, that @Audentio Design owe me a license extension for the amount of days it takes them to fix the bug with permissions from when I first reported it. There's no reason we should be having all this trouble with a simple add-on. I am thankful that @DragonByte Tech is working on a shop add-on, and I will likely be switching to it if AD doesn't shape up.

Audentio Design updated [AD] Credits: Shop - Purchasable products! Create your own! with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.7 released

Features:
  • Item Pack product type
    • This will allow you to set a 'rarity' to other product types to determine how likely they are to show up in an Item Pack. On each item pack you can set which items have a possibility of showing up in it, and how many items will be given.
  • Option to hide inventory icons from guests (both globally, and per product)

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Jake B. @Audentio Design

Bug: Item packs do not work
Code:
Server Error
Argument 2 passed to Audentio_Credit_Shop_Model_Product::prepareProductOptions() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/kinmunity.com/library/Audentio/Credit/Shop/ProductType/ItemPack.php on line 18 and defined

[LIST=1]
[*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Audentio/Credit/Shop/Model/Product.php at line 133
[*]Audentio_Credit_Shop_Model_Product->prepareProductOptions() in Audentio/Credit/Shop/ProductType/ItemPack.php at line 18
[*]Audentio_Credit_Shop_ProductType_ItemPack->edit() in Audentio/Credit/Shop/ControllerAdmin/Product.php at line 154
[*]Audentio_Credit_Shop_ControllerAdmin_Product->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/kinmunity.com/admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]

Top Bottom