[TH] Credits [Deleted]

Suggestion: It would be nice to see the 'transfer reason' from user to user within the alert if a reason exists.

@Jake B. could you tell me please how difficult it would be / how much it would cost to do the following:
  • have a charging system for posting new threads in a specific forum. I.e. it costs 50 credits per thread. The complication is that I want the first thread to be free. Basically this is to allow people to place the first classified advert in a forum to be free, but if they want more, it will cost them credits for each thread.
  • charge people for things which expire.
    • charge people to stick their thread for a limited time. E.g. 50 credits to stick the thread for 7 days. At 7 days, their thread automatically becomes unstuck and they are invited by an alert to renew.
    • charge people for addition of a specific usergroup for a limited time. E.g. 50 credits to be added to the 'no adverts' usergroup for a month. They don't get any ads for that month. When the month is up, the usergroup is removed and they are invited by an alert to renew.
Thanks

Reactions: SnG
No plans to incorporate others?

Not unless it is requested by more people, or if someone wants to fund it.

@Jake B. could you tell me please how difficult it would be / how much it would cost to do the following:
  • have a charging system for posting new threads in a specific forum. I.e. it costs 50 credits per thread. The complication is that I want the first thread to be free. Basically this is to allow people to place the first classified advert in a forum to be free, but if they want more, it will cost them credits for each thread.
  • charge people for things which expire.
    • charge people to stick their thread for a limited time. E.g. 50 credits to stick the thread for 7 days. At 7 days, their thread automatically becomes unstuck and they are invited by an alert to renew.
    • charge people for addition of a specific usergroup for a limited time. E.g. 50 credits to be added to the 'no adverts' usergroup for a month. They don't get any ads for that month. When the month is up, the usergroup is removed and they are invited by an alert to renew.
Thanks

I'll have to look into it a bit and I will send you a PM with an estimate.

Regards,

Jake

How has this credits system been received by members? Can anyone share their experiences of having installed it on their forum? I'd be interested to know whether this has increased the community feeling, engagement and income of a forum?

A few forums that we assist in managing has seen drastic increases of daily logins and subsequent interactions including posts, likes, messaging, and other activity. But we have not heard from many and would love to hear what people think!

A few forums that we assist in managing has seen drastic increases of daily logins and subsequent interactions including posts, likes, messaging, and other activity. But we have not heard from many and would love to hear what people think!
Thanks, Mike. I'd like to know if you or anyone else has any specific advice on what works in terms of what actions earn members credits and what you restrict in the forums in order to charge credits for them.

Also could we give credits to people when their post reports are resolved as a way to reward them for helping to moderate the forum?

Last edited:
How has this credits system been received by members? Can anyone share their experiences of having installed it on their forum? I'd be interested to know whether this has increased the community feeling, engagement and income of a forum?

The featured credit needs a revamp. Right now it gives a credit to the person who features something, which could lead to tons of items being featured that don't deserve to be. I think if a user writes something really good, and an admin/moderator features it, then the user who wrote the item should earn a credit.

If you're permitting users to feature something, then there needs to be a queue where items get approved by an admin as to prevent the overuse or abuse where users simply feature everything possible in hopes to get a credit. I'd rather see users focus on contributing content worthy of being featured.

The featured credit needs a revamp. Right now it gives a credit to the person who features something, which could lead to tons of items being featured that don't deserve to be. I think if a user writes something really good, and an admin/moderator features it, then the user who wrote the item should earn a credit.

If you're permitting users to feature something, then there needs to be a queue where items get approved by an admin as to prevent the overuse or abuse where users simply feature everything possible in hopes to get a credit. I'd rather see users focus on contributing content worthy of being featured.

That feature was intended for people to use the 'take' function so people have to pay to feature their thread. Making it so people get paid if their thread gets featured is still on the list though :)

That feature was intended for people to use the 'take' function so people have to pay to feature their thread. Making it so people get paid if their thread gets featured is still on the list though :)

Oh wow. That is a pretty cool idea now that you've explained how it was intended to work. User error on my part, for sure.

Maybe change the verbiage of "Share Media" to "Submit Media" - at first I thought credits would be given to people who shared media using the social buttons, rather then the intended uploading pics and posting video urls.

I looked into this in the past, but all of the payment gateways are specifically for User Upgrades.

-Jake
No, you can make it work with anything you want. Documentation is poor but a look at the code will help you figure out what to do.

Thank you for patch 2, found another bug, when a use tries to buy credits or other and the error dialog pops open, it shoes this html issue vs showing the prefix graphic or font awesome graphic. It would be really cool if it could show the font awesome graphics as well as link in the error log that takes the customer to the purchase page or package to buy more credits if they don't have enough credits. Vs having just an error.

Code:
The following error occurred:

You do not have enough Credits to perform that action, you need 1,000.0&nbsp;<i class="fa fa-credit-card"></i>.

Top Bottom