[TH] Article Manager [Deleted]

I'm getting "Request-URI Too Long" error when trying to upload attachments. Any way to fix that problem w/o increasing LimitRequestLine in apache config file? I noticed that AttachmentUploader button has a really long data-href field. Thanks.

I'm getting "Request-URI Too Long" error when trying to upload attachments. Any way to fix that problem w/o increasing LimitRequestLine in apache config file? I noticed that AttachmentUploader button has a really long data-href field. Thanks.

I think you must change LimitRequestLine value. You must change it to a larger value than its default to support a longer request URI.

Can you please send me in a conversation the paypal address that you purchased the add on with? Thank you.

@wang - This look great! :) I'm interested in purchasing but have a couple questions.

1) Is there any way to switch the articles back to threads if someone posts in the wrong spot?

2) Is this a whole new post type, or is it a way to customize threads to look more like articles?

@wang - This look great! :) I'm interested in purchasing but have a couple questions.

1) Is there any way to switch the articles back to threads if someone posts in the wrong spot?

2) Is this a whole new post type, or is it a way to customize threads to look more like articles?

Hello. Many thanks for the interest. With regard to your questions.

1) I am sorry, but I am not sure as to what you mean. Articles can not be switched to threads. However, if someone posts an article in the wrong category, you can move that article to the correct category by selecting the Move Articles option from the Inline Moderation tools.

2) I think you have got the wrong impression as to what my add on does. There is no option to customise threads to look like articles. You can, however, convert a thread to article.

For more on the add on, please read the dscription and have a look at the screenshots that I have attached. You can also log in to my test forum and post an article or 2, to have a better understanding as to how it works.

Very interested in your Articles addon.

Would like to link an article to a forum thread, or a subfirum, like the RM here.

Would also like a feature my wordpress articles addon has. Very useful. The title of the article (unless option disabled) becomes a link word. Everywhere the word /phrase appears, it links to the article. Plus the snippet description (which you have already) appears on hover for that word/ phrase.
I can also add aliases e.g. my article is called My Wild Cat - alias adds - wild cat- and - wild cats - maybe even - lions - lion - tiger - etc All these aliases also link to the article.
Finally there is an automatic Contents page listing all the articles as simple links, in columns. I can specify which words on an alias list appears in this list.

For one of my sites I need a) pagination for long articles, and b) footnotes. Footnotes appear at bottom of the page; visitor can click small number to jump to footnote, then click again to return to same place in the text to continue reading.

Very interested in your Articles addon.

Would like to link an article to a forum thread, or a subfirum, like the RM here.

Would also like a feature my wordpress articles addon has. Very useful. The title of the article (unless option disabled) becomes a link word. Everywhere the word /phrase appears, it links to the article. Plus the snippet description (which you have already) appears on hover for that word/ phrase.
I can also add aliases e.g. my article is called My Wild Cat - alias adds - wild cat- and - wild cats - maybe even - lions - lion - tiger - etc All these aliases also link to the article.
Finally there is an automatic Contents page listing all the articles as simple links, in columns. I can specify which words on an alias list appears in this list.

For one of my sites I need a) pagination for long articles, and b) footnotes. Footnotes appear at bottom of the page; visitor can click small number to jump to footnote, then click again to return to same place in the text to continue reading.

Many thanks for the interest. Can you please post a screenshot of Contents page listing all the articles as simple links, in columns and the footnotes?

The pagination is already built in.

@wang I have a new issue. I bought and installed this crap here https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-2-portal-pro.3894/ to change the theme of my home page. However, now the index that is Xenporta is now blocking my page I had with your add-on. In other words, both add-ons have the /articles on them so Xenporta is preventing your add-on (my blog page) from showing and I don't know how to change the "route" of the article manager.

How do I go about changing that or can you PM me to make changes/update on the add-on so that I can reinstall that route change?

BTW, this is what that guy (who is less than helpful) said on his add-on:
XF has a built in route changer... but I'm not sure how its going to help in this case. I think you'll have to modify the route prefix itself and then modify the associated interfaces and templates.

@wang I have a new issue. I bought and installed this crap here https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-2-portal-pro.3894/ to change the theme of my home page. However, now the index that is Xenporta is now blocking my page I had with your add-on. In other words, both add-ons have the /articles on them so Xenporta is preventing your add-on (my blog page) from showing and I don't know how to change the "route" of the article manager.

How do I go about changing that or can you PM me to make changes/update on the add-on so that I can reinstall that route change?

BTW, this is what that guy (who is less than helpful) said on his add-on:

That guy is correct sir. The rooter needs to be changed, and then all instances of the url for the article in the php files and the template too, have to be changed to reflect the new rooter.

Anyways, I sent you a conversation for the details.

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten this?
aprove-blog.webp
And if so, how do aprove it and why doesn't it show to aprove in my admin/moderator tool?

I also saw this which I guess it's supposed to moderate the post but it's messed up.
front.webp

I don't want to moderate and I want to let people to just post.

Last edited:
Hello,

I've been using this add-on and have a couple of issues...

1. When someone clicks on an image or thumbnail in an article the author’s avatar is missing and the arrows won’t scroll through the photos in the article like they normally do within forum posts. The navigation is not working, see the example below.

Untitled.webp

2. When viewing Articles on a mobile phone (small screen) it's not really responsive at all and the sidebar should automatically disappear for one, but it doesn't, see pic below.

IMG_1537.webp

Here's more what is should like like below using the xenforo Resources add-on...

IMG_1538.webp

Can you please correct these issues and provide an update?

Also, could you add the ability for admins to change the author of an article by allowing them to reassign it if necessary?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,

I've been using this add-on and have a couple of issues...

1. When someone clicks on an image or thumbnail in an article the author’s avatar is missing and the arrows won’t scroll through the photos in the article like they normally do within forum posts. The navigation is not working, see the example below.

View attachment 142252

2. When viewing Articles on a mobile phone (small screen) it's not really responsive at all and the sidebar should automatically disappear for one, but it doesn't, see pic below.

View attachment 142253

Here's more what is should like like below using the xenforo Resources add-on...

View attachment 142254

Can you please correct these issues and provide an update?

Also, could you add the ability for admins to change the author of an article by allowing them to reassign it if necessary?

Thanks

I will look into this as soon as I can and I will get back to you.

Any user can make a blog or only the admin?

This add on adds articles, but you can rename it to blogs or anything else I guess. Anyways, adding of articles is group permission based. i.e. meaning that any user with the permissions can add articles.

Hi,

Have you had the chance to look at this yet?

Hello,

I would have to re develop the attachment part of my add on, but I will wait until Xf 2.0 is released for that. That is not a big issue, or a security issue, so it will have to wait.

Top Bottom