Text in the middle of the footer

Something like this. Add the code in red to the Footer template.

Rich (BB code):
<dl class="choosers">
<xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle}">
<dt>{xen:phrase style}</dt>
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}" rel="nofollow">{$visitorStyle.title}</a></dd>
</xen:if>
<xen:if is="{$canChangeLanguage}">
<dt>{xen:phrase language}</dt>
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/language', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase language_chooser}" rel="nofollow">{$visitorLanguage.title}</a></dd>
</dl>
<ul style=" position: absolute; padding-left: 45%; width: 10%;"> <a href="http://xenforo.com">XenForo.com</a> </ul>
<ul class="footerLinks">
<xen:hook name="footer_links">
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'default'">
<li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
<xen:elseif is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'custom'" />
<li><a href="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.custom}" {xen:if {$xenOptions.contactUrl.overlay}, 'class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}"'}>{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
<xen:if is="{$homeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>
<li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
<li><a href="{xen:link forums/-/index.rss}" rel="alternate" class="globalFeed" target="_blank"
title="{xen:phrase rss_feed_for_x, 'title={$xenOptions.boardTitle}'}">{xen:phrase rss}</a></li>
</xen:hook>
</ul>

Result:

footer.webp

There may have been a better way of doing it, but I know centering stuff is generally a pain and I've used this method before and it works well.

One point to note is the percentages, in case you haven't worked it out already.

The width of the centred text div is set to 10%. To get that even on both sides you divide by two. Which is 5%. You then take 5% off 50% which is how you get to 45%.

If you wanted a much wider div, say 40% then the left and right margins would be 30%.

I'm sure you worked that out, but in case anyone else sees this and thinks, "what the..." at least that explains it.

Top Bottom