XF 1.5 Testing Environment Issues

Static-Xbox

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a testing environment for a website I help out with. The live site resides at the root (domain.com), while the test site is setup at domain.com/xftest (password protected, of course). I've copied the database, transferred the files over and edited the config file and admin options to reflect the new url, but when I get to the homepage and click on the "forums" link (we use CTA Featured Threads add-on, so have a portal at the home page), I get the following image.

urlfix.webp

All of the links in the navbar also link back to the domain.com address from this particular page, whereas before it linked to /xftest/forums and so on.

Any idea what could be causing this, or how to fix this? I feel like it's something simple that I'm overlooking, but can't think what it is.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I took a bit of a guess of the URL based on your license and if I'm right, then the test site appears to be loading correctly. Is this still an issue?

(On a side note, you should password protect your test install.)

I took a bit of a guess of the URL based on your license and if I'm right, then the test site appears to be loading correctly. Is this still an issue?

(On a side note, you should password protect your test install.)

Hi Mike,

No, the site my license is linked to is for a different venture that's still in progress. This site is one I don't own, but help out with. The test environment is password protected ;)

Sadly, we are still having the same issue.

(if you'd like the URL to have a look, and the user/pass to get into the test environment, I can send it via PM/convo)

How have you setup this directory in your web server? Have you done aliasing or some DocumentRoot manipulation, or is it just a "standard" subdirectory under the base DocumentRoot? Assuming Apache here, have you adjusted the RewriteBase directive in .htaccess in either install?

How have you setup this directory in your web server? Have you done aliasing or some DocumentRoot manipulation, or is it just a "standard" subdirectory under the base DocumentRoot?

Dead standard subdirectory off of the root domain name, keeping it as simple as possible for, we assumed, ease.

Assuming Apache here, have you adjusted the RewriteBase directive in .htaccess in either install?

At this point, no changes have been made to .htaccess for the test install, still reads as:

# If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the

# line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path

# of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.

#RewriteBase /xenforo

Top Bottom