XF 2.1 Test import from Invision 4.3 to XF 2.1

Dubbed Navigator

Hello

I'm running an initial test import from the above.

As its 4.3 to XF2, I have gone down the IPB-XF1.5-XF2.1 route

2 things I have noticed immediately which if there is no quick solution would prove to be very painful to sort manually, to do with pictures in posts.

1. Pictures as attachements. Is there a reason they are all attached as thumbnails? I can easily attach them again as full size images, but doing so for hundreds of threads wouldnt be very popular. There isnt a batch to this i can see.

2. Images served over the local server on IPB. These simply come up as broken. What is the resolution to this, do I need to turn the feature of X amount of time before the real conversion?

As its 4.3 to XF2, I have gone down the IPB-XF1.5-XF2.1 route
As per our XF 2.1.1 and Importers 1.2.0 announcement last month, we natively support importing from IPS 4.x to XF 2.1 directly now:
we should also point out that we are today also releasing XenForo Importers 1.2.0 with a new "Invision Community Forums" importer
At this point we wouldn't really be looking to make any large scale changes to the behaviour of the XF 1.5 importer so we can only suggest trying the import again directly into XF 2.1 to see if that resolves the issues.

If it does not, please provide more details in that case.

Top Bottom