Test/development install and licence agreement

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
OK, so XF 1.3 is undoubtedly going to be released soon.

This means I'm going to have to update all my addons to make sure they all still work.

The issue will be is that I don't want to upgrade my 1.2 local development install, in case of issues, however according to the licence you can only have 1 test install.

So, what would be the best thing to do, without purchasing anything?

Quite honestly it's impossible for us to know how many local installations anyone has on their computer.

The license agreement is more focussed towards production servers/live installations.

Quite honestly it's impossible for us to know how many local installations anyone has on their computer.

The license agreement is more focussed towards production servers/live installations.

Come on thats unfair, give the poor guy a chance, you didn't mention the ninja assassins...

I have at least 3 local installations of XenForo that are only accessible locally.

I have a live install, then, finally, I have a test install. So I don't count the local ones, and the latter one is in accordance with the license agreement where:

You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Top Bottom