1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test/development install and licence agreement

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Liam W, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

OK, so XF 1.3 is undoubtedly going to be released soon.

This means I'm going to have to update all my addons to make sure they all still work.

The issue will be is that I don't want to upgrade my 1.2 local development install, in case of issues, however according to the licence you can only have 1 test install.

So, what would be the best thing to do, without purchasing anything?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Quite honestly it's impossible for us to know how many local installations anyone has on their computer.

The license agreement is more focussed towards production servers/live installations.
    Liam W likes this.
  3. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Come on thats unfair, give the poor guy a chance, you didn't mention the ninja assassins...
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I have at least 3 local installations of XenForo that are only accessible locally.

I have a live install, then, finally, I have a test install. So I don't count the local ones, and the latter one is in accordance with the license agreement where: