XF 1.5 test (development) forum in subdirectory

Mr Lucky

Up until now my test forum is on a subdomain.

I was thinking of having it instead in a subdirectory of the main doain.

Is there any reason to not do this?

only thing i can think of is if you backup your sites seperately then the files for the test site be always included in main site file tree, apart from that, no real reason to avoid it. also i beleive you need to change cookie to make test one unique otherwise you cant be logged into both.

in config.php

$config['cookie']['prefix'] - default: 'xf_'
All cookies set by XenForo will have this prefix. This can be changed if you have multiple XenForo installations on the same domain.

$config['cookie']['path'] - default: '/'
This allows the cookies set by XenForo to be constrained to a particular sub-directory on your domain. This can be changed if you have multiple XenForo installations on the same domain.

$config['cookie']['domain'] - default: ''
If you need XenForo's cookies to be available on a sub-domain, this can be to '.domain.com' to allow the cookies to be accessed on sub-domains.

So it looks like either of the 1st two, but I'm a bit confused which one as they are both:

This can be changed if you have multiple XenForo installations on the same domain.

So would I leave my my live sit config.php alone, and just add in the test forum config.php

EITHER

$config['cookie']['prefix'] - default: 'somethingelse_'

OR

$config['cookie']['path'] - default: '/nameofsubdirectory'

??

Thanks again

Top Bottom